MY band, Lost Elysium, has been playing shows for two years now and the only time we get some-what good monitors on stage is when we are performing with nationals like Saliva and Lacuna Coil. No matter how much we beg, plead, and suck up to the sound guy they suck at giving us monitors and then our singer can't hear herself or my guitar. The drummer usually doesn't even get a monitor which is just plane stupid.

My question is what is the best solution for everyone in the band to get wireless in-ear monitors. I'm okay with us sharing the same sound since the important thing is just guitars and vocals but the drummer is soon going to be playing to a click live too so that is another hurtle we will have to jump over. Both the bassist and myself use Line 6 digital wireless systems (i have the g90 rack unit and he has the g50 pedal).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have an in ear endorsement but now an actual wireless monitor one.

Thanks
Rig:
'91 Eric Clapton strat w/ MT-2 preamp and piezo bridge system

Lotus '62 Strat replica
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Pearly Gates Pups
Epiphone Sheraton STOCK
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

Epiphone EJ-200CE

Traynor YCV40T
Traynor HEAD
You'd have a better chance asking here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

But really your best bet might be trying a different site haha. This site is more geared to guitars and this subforum is basically a community forum.

Also, unrelated: the 'plane stupid' bit made me chuckle a bit

I like your song, 'No Compromise'. Reminds me a lot of Tool
Last edited by whywefight at Jun 30, 2014,
edit: actually, a guy named matrixclaw should be able to help you, or one of the other guys in the who to listen to thread. ask in there, someone will hook you up

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589431&page=1831&pp=20
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jun 30, 2014,
Stuff falls apart pretty quickly without decent monitors.

Wireless IEM works and everyone can be on the same mix with one transmitter channel. You still need someone to feed you a decent mix and if the sound guys won't do that now it probably won't change much. Most IEM users run off their own mixer so they get what they want and ears don't get blown out.

Another option is to bring your own personal powered monitors and get a monitor mix from the house board. The cost is less and each player can control their own volume. I generally like this better than IEMs but I am old school. It doesn't work with an audio click but some drummers work with a visual click instead.

Or hire your own monitor sound guy with floor wedges and add the cost to your performance rider.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jun 30, 2014,
If you do go with IEMs, it's very, very strange playing with them, so make sure you all are used to them before turning up to a gig and using them and everyone looking freaked out on stage.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Thank you all for the input
Rig:
'91 Eric Clapton strat w/ MT-2 preamp and piezo bridge system

Lotus '62 Strat replica
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Pearly Gates Pups
Epiphone Sheraton STOCK
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

Epiphone EJ-200CE

Traynor YCV40T
Traynor HEAD