Ok, so I'm re-making this because it wasnt up to thread standards, so I will be including a review and a video showcasing the unit.

First of all, I kinda got a deal on it. I paid $575 USD for a brand new unit which retails for 700 and has an MSRP of 979 which was REALLY nice. Upon arrival at my home, the package was very sturdy as I show in the video. The interface came packaged in a big cardboard box and then it came in its own box from Line 6. Then the actual unit was packaged in Styrofoam. Needless to say Line 6 knows how to package their shit

I will admit this is my first piece of rack gear and there was a bit of a learning curve on how to set it up. but I now have this going straight into my Saffire Pro 40's 3/4 Inputs. The rack has soooo many different choices in cable hook ups that its almost kinda easy to get lost back there...its like trying to eat out a big girl, you kinda have to dig and read everything before you find the proper holes.

Onto the front of the unit, the interface is nice and easy to work with once you read it (not like me who prefered the HD Edit software for the first 10 minutes) the LED screen is nice and very well lit. The only thing that I don't physically like about the unit is the "amp knobs" on the right hand side of it. They're a little too plastic for my taste and they move way too easily. Otherwise the unit comes in a nice sleek black finish and the rest of it feels well built like it could survive touring and you probably wouldn't need to bring a back up, event though I would just in case.

Onto the main meat of the whole thing, the tones: I tried a lot of amps over the years and I have tried lots of effects and I will make one particular statement. The amp models don't get even close to their real counterparts. If you're looking for something that sounds exactly like a Recto or a Plexi or an SLO...don't buy one of these. Its not gonna be what you want. However, if you buy this unit thinking "I need a wide variety of tones to suit a lot of live and studio situations and I'm looking for good quality distorted tones and clean tones and quality effects" Then yes this is the unit you're looking for. I have another disclaimer as well...This is NOT an amp replacer, however I sold my tube amp and bought this for a few reasons.

1. My 6505+ Half stack was way too hot for the little room I had it in. If I had my computer on and my half stack on with the door closed, the place was almost 90 degrees with the A/C on.

2. My amp was too expensive to maintain, were talking 150 dollars in tubes for factory replacements, not even all that great of tubes, just factory shit. For the money that I paid for the amp, it made no sense to put all that money in it.

3. I didn't have a great room to mic it up so I could get some usable tones out of it. I love the fact that it would sound great while I was playing, but hook up an SM57 to it and record it, and it didn't sound great because of the room I was in.

4. My 6505+ Didn't have a decent clean channel that I could mess with, even after throwing EQ's, Compressors, and Choruses, it still didn't work.

So for my needs which were primarily for studio use and maybe some live use in the future it is a wonderful tool.

The amps and the effects sound pretty good for what they are, but they don't come close to their modeled counterparts, and that's ok for me, because I got the tones I wanted out of them. Listen to the video for what I mean.

The POD HD Edit software is a nice feature and it makes editing on the fly very easy, however as I quickly found out, you have to physically press the save button on the unit itself to save your presets because the software doesn't automatically save it and there is no save button on the software...so that was kind of annoying but I can live with it.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase, even though I miss the living shit out of my amp and I will more than likely buy another one in the future when I have some more money. I give it a solid 8/10 for the money that I bought it for and for all the features it has in it. Here is my full video review of the unit recorded through a cellphone camera so its not perfect sound quality but whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQQq1CQYD0
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
HNMFXD! Funny enough I just traded my POD HD Desktop for a 6505 2x12" combo For hookups, I recommend going through S/PDIF. It's a digital output, which means there won't be any loss of quality due to conversion when it's sent into your interface.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Quote by bassmastamitch
HNMFXD! Funny enough I just traded my POD HD Desktop for a 6505 2x12" combo For hookups, I recommend going through S/PDIF. It's a digital output, which means there won't be any loss of quality due to conversion when it's sent into your interface.

Ok, I'll try that, even though I like regular outputs, anything to help with sound quality! thanks
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds