I remember a few years back when I saw this video, I thought that these guys were incredibly rude, idiotic and that their success had gotten to their heads.

I watched it yesterday after a long time , and I both laughed and cried at how incredibly amazing and thoughtful these guys are. No matter what anyone says, the members from System of A Down, to me, are TRUE artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0dlIABoGg

I don't know, but I guess I felt like sharing it here for anyone who possibly hasn't seen it yet.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Quote by LostLegion
who even listens to these guys anymore lel

people with good taste. Duh.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Wow, they're even bigger cunts than I imagined they'd be
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
fellatio
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by LostLegion
there's no such thing as good taste

Your mom tastes good. Your point is invalid.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Oh, Mistress Juliya. The 16 year old in me still swoons for thee.
#DTWD
Quote by k.lainad

Nah, she's a little too sour. I prefer Stewie's mom.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by LostLegion
who even listens to these guys anymore lel

TS loves bands that everyone listened to in middle school like SOAD and linkin park

they represent his existential angst so well
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
TS loves bands that everyone listened to in middle school like SOAD and linkin park

they represent his existential angst so well

Edit: I like you man! So much that I sigged you
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Last edited by shawnkenneth at Jun 30, 2014,
Nah, they're still jackasses.

Quote by shawnkenneth
Nah, she's a little too sour. I prefer Stewie's mom.

My mom would never give a ghetto rat like you a taste.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan

My mom would never give a ghetto rat like you a taste.

That's not what she said last night.

Edit: You talk about your mom like that? Shame on you.

Also, Ugh..
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by k.lainad

FINISH HIM!

i kinda wanna sig this btw
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
As people, they suck even more than their music. And the best thing about their music is that it really irritated a mate of mine.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
As people, they suck even more than their music. And the best thing about their music is that it really irritated a mate of mine.

I know right! I mean, why can't someone, for once, create something that everyone likes and considers not sucky instead of what they believe in?

It' so annoying.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

my man said "perception is the mother of deception" thinking he was on a gandalf one loooooool
Quote by shawnkenneth
I know right! I mean, why can't someone, for once, create something that everyone likes and considers not sucky instead of what they believe in?

It' so annoying.

So they believe in being juvenile during interviews? That even though they signed a contract which obliged them to do interviews and other promotional activities, they should behave like teenagers who have just discovered weed during them?

They're a bunch of pricks, and the sooner they all get leprosy and die the better.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So they believe in being juvenile during interviews? That even though they signed a contract which obliged them to do interviews and other promotional activities, they should behave like teenagers who have just discovered weed during them?

They're a bunch of pricks, and the sooner they all get leprosy and die the better.

No, no, yes and no.

You're taking life too seriously. Slow down, act juvenile once in a while.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

I sort of get and respect the whole "we don't have to do interviews in the way you want them - we're not obliged to give a straight answer", but "fellatio" isn't funny or inventive. Daron and Serj were just acting like arrogant dickheads.

Those other two seem like good guys though.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I sort of get and respect the whole "we don't have to do interviews in the way you want them - we're not obliged to give a straight answer", but "fellatio" isn't funny or inventive. Daron and Serj were just acting like arrogant dickheads.

Those other two seem like good guys though.

I didn't really want to say too much on this thread, but let me say that I actually agree with you.

Only the fellatio part was boring, not funny. Everything else was immaculate and it touched me so much so that I actually posted this video in the Pit of all places.

Guys just don't act like this anymore and it's saddening.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by shawnkenneth

yeah i wish more people just kept bringing up getting blown and prostitution really creepily with women trying to work

TRUE ARTISTS OMG
Quote by shawnkenneth
I didn't really want to say too much on this thread, but let me say that I actually agree with you.

Only the fellatio part was boring, not funny. Everything else was immaculate and it touched me so much so that I actually posted this video in the Pit of all places.

No, I was just giving the fellatio bit as an example of how stupid and immature they are all the way through. It's not even witty evasiveness, it's just awkward and stupid.

But the interviewer handles it all pretty badly though really. Meh.

In any case: I really can't tell if you're trolling or not here, but I guess either way it's not really worth giving any more discussion to. They're acting like tools here. You like them (or are just trolling) so will disagree. Not much else to say.
Quote by shawnkenneth
No, no, yes and no.

You're taking life too seriously. Slow down, act juvenile once in a while.

If I was taking this seriously, I'd have ignored it.

I do, however, stand by the "they're dicks" bit, and if you agree to do an interview, act your age, not your (UK) shoe size and do the ****ing interview.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by MadClownDisease
No, I was just giving the fellatio bit as an example of how stupid and immature they are all the way through. It's not even witty evasiveness, it's just awkward and stupid.

But the interviewer handles it all pretty badly though really. Meh.

In any case: I really can't tell if you're trolling or not here, but I guess either way it's not really worth giving any more discussion to. They're acting like tools here. You like them (or are just trolling) so will disagree. Not much else to say.

I'm not trolling. I do like them, but I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I misunderstood what you said.

I didn't like Everything they did but I agreed with the sentiment very deeply.

Especially with the part where they say that they can't be expected to answer questions asking to describe the meanings to their songs, titles etc because that is upto the listener and audience. Everyone takes it differently and if they do answer it, they are basically telling what their fans should believe and they don't want that.

Out of the whole interview, that is what I want to put out that I agree with.

Quote by willT08
yeah i wish more people just kept bringing up getting blown and prostitution really creepily with women trying to work

TRUE ARTISTS OMG

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by willT08
i can't remember whether i remember ts's name because troll or spacker

well he tries to be the former but always ends up looking like the latter
banned
Lol this thread. It's acceptable to be a bit of an asshole in the pit, but as soon as someone in a band does it it's immature. Lighten up, they're just having fun.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Lol this thread. It's acceptable to be a bit of an asshole in the pit, but as soon as someone in a band does it it's immature. Lighten up, they're just having fun.

No, but that's real life. And you need to be serious at all times in real life.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Haven't seen that interview but my favorite one was when Serj Tankian was interviewed by Serj Tankian.
Quote by shawnkenneth
I'm not trolling. I do like them, but I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I misunderstood what you said.

I didn't like Everything they did but I agreed with the sentiment very deeply.

Especially with the part where they say that they can't be expected to answer questions asking to describe the meanings to their songs, titles etc because that is upto the listener and audience. Everyone takes it differently and if they do answer it, they are basically telling what their fans should believe and they don't want that.

Out of the whole interview, that is what I want to put out that I agree with.

No. They most definitely can be expected to answer questions on what they meant when they wrote songs. That doesn't mean that other people can't interpret it their own way; of course they can. They can do it really ****ing badly(like Charles Manson and the Beatle's White Album), or they can do it in a way that's more relevant to themselves.
But basically, that interview shows at least 2 members of SOAD have their heads firmly wedged in their own sigmoid colon.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Cardbored
Haven't seen that interview but my favorite one was when Serj Tankian was interviewed by Serj Tankian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhoBLwXsaDE

Thank you, so much!!!
Quote by slapsymcdougal