im in the market for a new guitar. My budget is right around the $1200 mark. I have a few guitars that i really like. Id just like some suggestions from yall. I like to play more of the rock to hard rock and some metal.
In no particular order:
PRS SE Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Fender Strat American Deluxe
etc.
Im not really loyal to any brand. Im open for suggestions and want to hear what yall think.
Thanks
JK
If you ask me both the gibson and fender there are a step (maybe a couple of steps) above the PRS SE. You could possibly scored a used "real" USA PRS for that kind of money, if you're OK with used (a CE or something like that).

You probably know this already, but just in case you don't, if you play a lot of hard rock and metal you'd probably want the HSS or HSH versions of the deluxe strat.

You have a lot of options around $1200. I'm not in the USA so I'm not that well up on prices there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
go with a Carvin - you can pretty much get most models at that price, custom made in America. Mine has been my main instrument for 3 or 4 years now. I just quit playing my other guitars when I got it.
does an evh wolfgang special and a prs se custom 24 for $1300 sound like a good deal? got an opportunity to buy these from a buddy
Quote by james kiser
im in the market for a new guitar. My budget is right around the $1200 mark. I have a few guitars that i really like. Id just like some suggestions from yall. I like to play more of the rock to hard rock and some metal.
In no particular order:
PRS SE Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Fender Strat American Deluxe
etc.
Im not really loyal to any brand. Im open for suggestions and want to hear what yall think.
Thanks
JK

Godin (made in Canada) and Carvin (made in USA) are excellent suggestions. You might also want to check out Fernandes JP (made in Japan) or SHIN guitars. (The Korean ones kick ass, too.)

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/products/guitars/jp-series.html
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/products/guitars/shin-series.html

You may also be able to find a custom guitar in that price range.

I'd also look at Reverends. They're made in Korea, so they cost less, and you get a LOT for your money.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/category/guitar/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 30, 2014,