Well, after a lot of searching and a lot of driving (to BEAUTIFUL Fresno, CA) I finally tried out the amp and decided to take it back home with me! Behold, the Koch Multitone! This amp is a beast; a killer beast. Channel 1 is the clean channel and it is simply superb! Sounds very Fender-like to my surprise, maybe even better but that's pushing it. Very crisp and super clear. The second channel is the clean EQ channel with some dirt and grit added to it (basically a boost channel). Many people gave this channel flack, but I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for in a Mike Campbell/Keith Richards/bluesy just breaking up tone. Very smooth. The 3rd channel took a little tweaking. This is the 'gain' channel, and it has plenty of overdrive on tap! I keep it around 11 o'clock though. Not EXACTLY Marshall tone, but close enough to it to satisfy my tastes. I use this for my Zeppelin/ACDC/Joe Walsh classic rock tones. Now, the extras. It's switchable between 100 and 50 watts, has plenty of inputs for different ohm cabinets, footswitch, and a parallel AND series effects loop. But, if you use the series effects loop it disables the spring reverb (yes, actual spring reverb). The cool thing about this Multitone that I didn't know from the ad is that it was modified by Voodoo Amps. It has both a "passive" and an "active" input for guitars and it has an extra footswitch input for a one button switch to activate a "high gain" channel. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and I don't think I'll be turning back any time soon!
Attachments:
S7000038.JPG
S7000043.JPG
S7000044.JPG
S7000046.JPG
Last edited by lightningjoe88 at Jun 30, 2014,
Very cool, happy new amp day Although I refuse to believe that it wins a Fender in clean tones :P I'm not familiar with Koch but apparently I should be. What did it cost?
Haha I know, it doesn't beat it. But as far as coming close to it.... It's dang close. Very sparkly. The spring reverb helps too. It was $900. Fresh JJs in it too.
I'm just a Fender fanboy That's a good price for a quality amp, especially if you're impressed by the head
Ah sweet, you went for it Glad you like it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNAD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I know... Koch... horrid saying it 100 times to my guitar buddies. Haha but thanks guys! I couldn't be more pleased with it! I'm glad I went for it too. Balls to the wall!
Congrats.
You just need a pal to get one too, then you can be the Koch Brothers
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Haha, you spent $900 on a Koch! Just kidding HNAD
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
We're all happy that you love the Koch head...

Sorry, juvenile but I just couldn't chose not to resist!

HNAD!

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I played a Koch combo a decade ago, and can confirm the clean tones were very nice. It had quite a big dynamic range.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I played a Koch combo a decade ago, and can confirm the clean tones were very nice. It had quite a big dynamic range.

Ha, a Koch combo.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Haha priceless. I think the best part about all of this is that I bought a Big Muff a week ago too! Most of the time I just play with my Koch... but every once in a while I'll play with my Big Muff and my Koch at the same time.
Quote by lightningjoe88
Haha priceless. I think the best part about all of this is that I bought a Big Muff a week ago too! Most of the time I just play with my Koch... but every once in a while I'll play with my Big Muff and my Koch at the same time.

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Well done sir
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I had a koch multitone years ago, great amp. I hadn;t realised people disregarded the second channel, that was my favourite channel. Really jangly, great for 'the wind cries mary' type tones.

the high gain was a bit too modern sounding for me, and whilst the clean was good, I think you may be on a bit of a honeymoon phase, it;s not quite up to a good fender )
Well jimijunior, we all have our opinions. I think it's up to par with SOME Fender cleans. Maybe not the best ones, but it can definitely hold its own against them. Yeah, in most posts I read people absolutely hated the second channel. I think maybe they were using it wrong trying to get heavy tones out of it or something.
Last edited by lightningjoe88 at Jul 2, 2014,