Hi!
so I just wanted to start this new thread for those who want to share details on "famous pedalboards" or in my case which I will explain later, an original sounding pedalboard.
So I just started to listen to a guy called Jordan Cook aka. Reignwolf and tried to see which pedals he was/is using. So far I just recognized Green russian Big Muff, Digitech whammy, MXR phase 90 (not 100% sure about this one) and a Ibanez CP9 or a PT-9 (can't really spot the difference). If someone have more information I would be happy to hear it!

Hopefully this will lead to some further information of Famous and/or original pedalboards.
You should see the video for Guthrie Govans rig rundown. Guthrie uses a piece of gear called the Gigrig if I recall correctly, which lets him chain separate stomboxes to a single control unit, and make it work like a multieffects unit with over ten "programmable" patches, except that all the effects come from single pedals. It's pretty epic, and sounds amazing.
Premier Guitar magazine's website has a series of videos- Rig Rundowns- in which artists are interviewed about their rigs. Pretty informative.

For example:
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19538-rig-rundown---billy-idols-steve-stevens
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 30, 2014,
Quote by albin0e
Hi!
so I just wanted to start this new thread for those who want to share details on "famous pedalboards" or in my case which I will explain later, an original sounding pedalboard.
So I just started to listen to a guy called Jordan Cook aka. Reignwolf and tried to see which pedals he was/is using. So far I just recognized Green russian Big Muff, Digitech whammy, MXR phase 90 (not 100% sure about this one) and a Ibanez CP9 or a PT-9 (can't really spot the difference). If someone have more information I would be happy to hear it!

Hopefully this will lead to some further information of Famous and/or original pedalboards.

BIG UP THE REIGNWOLF! Seeing him tonight, last time i saw him it looked like he had a few random boutique looking fuzz boxes.

Other than that, yeh, check out those rig rundown videos.
Or check out places like uber pro audio.
I will check it out! If you are able to see what reignwolf uses for that show I would love to hear from you!
Think I've seen almost every rigrundown hehe... Please share if you have some more interesting facts!
The thing i notice a surprising amount is how many pros use Boss pedals (and lots of them), despite how often they get slagged off by the gear snobs.
Quote by albin0e
Think I've seen almost every rigrundown hehe... Please share if you have some more interesting facts!

I remember last time he had the big old russian muff, but all his gear got fried by the UK plugs or something and it kept squeeeling like mad. He had to unplug it mid solo and crank the hell out of the borrowed amp instead. Awsome show, psyched for tonight, will keep a lookout for his pedals!
Quote by LivinJoke84
The thing i notice a surprising amount is how many pros use Boss pedals (and lots of them), despite how often they get slagged off by the gear snobs.

Many Boss pedals are very good.

They're robust enough for the road, can maintain excellent sound quality, and are reasonably priced.

I wouldn't swap my little collection for anything else.

Just wish they did a decent wah - my only missing pedal. I'll probably end up with a Dunlop or Vox.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Quote by guitar/bass95
You should see the video for Guthrie Govans rig rundown. Guthrie uses a piece of gear called the Gigrig if I recall correctly, which lets him chain separate stomboxes to a single control unit, and make it work like a multieffects unit with over ten "programmable" patches, except that all the effects come from single pedals. It's pretty epic, and sounds amazing.

the guy who's teaching me guitar uses one of those
he's pretty enthusiastic bout it
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Boss has some good pedals out there, most new stuff outside of delays though I don't personally like. Honestly the reason so many pros use Boss stuff isn't the sound, its that you can shoot them from a cannon and they would probably still work, and if one does break, a lot of times its easier to replace.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
^

so it's got nothing to do with the buffers? that's what I've been told
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
I hope they aren't just using a boss pedal for the buffer. If they are, they could get a much better buffer. I like Visual Sounds buffers, or someone can make a buffer easily for long cable runs.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by jaybals
I remember last time he had the big old russian muff, but all his gear got fried by the UK plugs or something and it kept squeeeling like mad. He had to unplug it mid solo and crank the hell out of the borrowed amp instead. Awsome show, psyched for tonight, will keep a lookout for his pedals!

Haha that's awesome man!
The main reason for pro's to use Boss is, as said, the fact that they sound decent, are reliable and easy to replace if needed. Also, I think only 1% (at most) of the crowd would know based on sound that it's Boss and not Strymon or Eventide or whatever.

I saw a guy running a Big Muff straight into the desk recently, which was pretty odd to see. It was mixed in slightly with the signal from his amp and sounded great.