I'm using a jvm410h I`ve had for about 2 months. its a factory restock so im not sure how old the tubes are. Today for instance i played around 4 Pm for about 45 minutes and it sounded awesome. really full and in your face. But at 6PM i just started to play and it sound mushy, soggy and weak? I read somewhere that it might be a fluctuation of power in the wall socket? Or should i look into replacing my tubes? any tips at all thanks!
Is it doing anything else strange? Is the tone getting fuzzy or is it making any audible clicks? I'd just try swapping power tubes.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Could you be facing the speaker from a different angle? If you're off to the side and well above the speaker, there's much less treble than when you're directly in front of it.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
It can be a lot of things. I doubt this was the case only a few hours apart, but even your sinuses can affect the sound (or your perception of it anyway).
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Tubes going bad?

Where you are at in the room will greatly affect your tone.

I also get these days where I'm just really not feeling it and nothing sounds good, then it sounds good the next day. It's strange.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2

Seriously though; are you still running the shitty stock tubes? One may be starting to fail.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 30, 2014,
Buy a wireless unit. Stick your amp in a room you won’t be playing in. Play so ****ing loud that it sounds great everywhere else in the house.