Hi Guys

I recently purchased an ESP LTD Viper 50 and while it has awesome sound and is great to record with, I'm going to start gigging with it soon and have been thinking seriously about making this mod. As you can see from here

http://i.seimg.net/images/1244045/main/viper50bch.jpg

this guitar was built very foolishly with the neck strap button at the back and not on the usual body edge location (for reasons unknown). Since it is neck heavy, it causes the neck to always slide downwards away from you when standing and you have to therefore always hold it up, this also makes playing a little more difficult. I want to install a new strap button on the usual point at the corner edge of the body but I know how easy it can be cracked, so I wanted to take it to a guitar tech to get it done. Has anyone else ever tried this mod on this guitar before? Is there much risk to the guitar in attempting it?

Any advise is appreciated, thanks
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Think about moving it to the center of the neck heel plate. I do this on explorers all the time and it fixes the neck dive. I wouldn't want to put it on the edge of those pointy horns. Doesn't seem like there's enough to hold on to. (Just my opinion)
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
One thing you could try is a strap that has a textured material on the back like suede. That alone can be enough to keep a neck heavy guitar in place.
Thanks guys, I will look into both of these suggestions!
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.