Page 1 of 2
Happiness is necessary for a happy life

I'm trying to find happiness in everything I possibly can but I mostly just want CATS and BABIES and MONEY
cat
A big house on the water, lots of money, a loving wife and spoilt kids, and a sexy car.

I'll steal these things from somebody.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
ill fk yr mum

huehuehuehu gud one m8 classic Thrashpost15
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by guitarxo

I'm trying to find happiness in everything I possibly can but I mostly just want CATS and BABIES and MONEY

A woman after something close enough to my own heart.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by guitarxo

I can make you one of those 3 things right now bby

sorry
Air, water and food.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Happiness is a choice. Happiness derived from material things does not last long. Maybe that's just my optimistic teenage self talking.
On a serious note, I've noticed that I'm happier when I actually achieve something. Doesn't matter how small is it, but the feeling of starting something and finishing it makes me very happy. On the contrary, if I quit something or I think back to the things I've quit I become sad so yeah, I guess having goals and working to achieve them is a big thing when it comes to happiness, at least for me.
I think the fact that you can find happy people in third-world countries who literally have nothing should be proof that you don't need material things to live a happy life.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Mohammed (praise be unto him)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by VillainousLatin
On a serious note, I've noticed that I'm happier when I actually achieve something. Doesn't matter how small is it, but the feeling of starting something and finishing it makes me very happy. On the contrary, if I quit something or I think back to the things I've quit I become sad so yeah, I guess having goals and working to achieve them is a big thing when it comes to happiness, at least for me.

Not even necessarily achieving them but having ambitious goals and working towards them and making progress makes me happy.

It's like Sisyphus rolling that rock up a hill over and over.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
A big house on the water, lots of money, a loving wife and spoilt kids, and a sexy car.

I'll steal these things from somebody.

But then that person won't be happy.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Financial stability is important to me. It's hard to enjoy life when you constantly have to worry about how you'll pay your next bill, or where you'll get money for food.

How will I achieve this? Hard work I reckon. That or luck.
Right about now I think I'll find it in traveling. Once I finish my degree's I'll use them to work abroad.

I definitely agree with the idea that happiness is a choice. I have reasons to be a little down and out lately (and honestly I am), but I've been stopping and taking in my surroundings and I find happiness in that.
It just seems like all the choices that make me happy are the choices that would land me homeless on a road somewhere. Stupid way of looking at it, I know. But that's how it is for me.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
The dilusion that the things in your life make you happy.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
tryptophan
serotonin
dopamine

in that order.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by DamienEx1021
tryptophan
serotonin
dopamine

in that order.

believing dumb things too.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I don't know what happy is, so idk
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Difficult question as the things that make you happy are also the things that bring you down.
Genitals.

I mean...

Imagine not having any?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by CaudPln
How come increasing tryptophan and serotonin lead to brain degeneration (http://www.supplements-and-health.com/tryptophan-side-effects.html ), thus less happiness not more as typically proposed?

First off, any site that does not link scientific articles and just "sites" some sources should be taken with a grain of salt. Just because some doctor said it in some article or book they read/wrote doesn't mean they are an authority on the subject. I find the site amusing in that it addresses that you should not "take thing on authority" and then proceeds to use that for the sake of their arguments.

Second, I never said anything about taking supplements. I said that they are responsible for happiness. You feel happy because the serotonin is flowing and producing dopamine. Your body produces serotonin from tryptophan which it gets from many other food sources. (this is a very generalized explanation for this)

Third, increasing serotonin in a healthy person will lead issues. What ends up happening is that the increased serotonin gets converted to dopamine and you feel great for a while. Afterwards though the body has so much dopamine that it shuts off the dopamine receptors and it causes the body to stop processing serotonin. The serotonin not being used gets broken back down and once the dopamine receptors kick back in, there is a lack of serotonin present in the system and now you are sad. One of the treatments for depression is to inhibit serotonin production that way it doesn't overload the dopamine receptors and cause the system to fall out of sync. (there is some controversy with what the exact process for chemical depression is but this is one of the proposed mechanisms and in all my personal experience it makes sense)

Fourth, don't believe me on any of this and do your own research. Pub-med, Merck index/manual, ACS all are great sources for this kind of thing. If the information was not published in a scientific journal then they will not be used by these sources.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Jyrgen
Happiness Is A Smile

my smile is a rifle and I point at you
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Financial security. Doesn't have to be a ton of money. Just has to be a reliable influx of it. And then I guess a job you like, fulfilling hobbies and good relationships.

Although I think you can also be happy without any of that if you choose to be. You're as happy as you allow yourself to be. Feed your cynicism and you'll be negative and unhappy.

I'm not stoic enough for that though. So until then, gimme the money and good friends.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 2, 2014,
Page 1 of 2