Finally found a So-Cal (Mexico version with the recessed Floyd) at a decent price ($620+$50 shipping) off Reverb.com. Finally got here despite UPS's crap. Comes stock with Floyd Rose and Duncan Distortions (TB-6 and the distortion neck). Unfinished Maple neck, maple fretboard. I love the black inlays and tuner heads on the maple neck and headstock. It is very light too.

The neck is compound radius. Needless to say, it's fast as hell. Perfect for sweeping and legato runs. I was a little worried about the unfinished aspect to the back of the neck but it's really smooth, not rough at all. Bridge is high quality, keeps tune better than the lower end Floyd special I have on my other guitar.

The pickups are great. Neither pickup is muddy or piercing at all, so I can keep my EQ at reasonable levels (I use a VK212). The bridge is tight and bright, good midrange. Decent presence and treble, so I don't have to turn either of these knobs on my VK too far past noon. The neck is a tad brighter and (I assume) has more output) than your usual warm neck tone. It's alright for a legato tone but I may look to replace it with something smoother/warmer. But it isn't muddy, so I appreciate that a lot. For the most part, if you are like me and use an OD and both pickups in a song/solo, you can have one setting for both and be fine.

Lastly, the cleans. I get decent cleans with the bridge, which surprised me for a high output pickup. I'm a fan of how it doesn't add dirt to the clean channel (even if this results from the VK having a good clean channel). But I don't like how bright it is. So, I use the split coil for cleans, and it is excellent. It's pretty much strat like. I was contemplating if I needed a middle coil (it's body is routed for HSH) but I don't think I'll be needing it.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 1, 2014,
Quote by jpnyc
Pics or it’s a Squier Affinity.

fair enough
Attachments:
UG.JPG
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
awesome \m/ \m/
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?