Hey guys, I've been using my tweaker 40 for the past two months now and am absolutely loving it.
However I find that the gain tones leave just a bit to be desired, I find that right after about 1 o clock on the gain knob it gets a little fizzy. So I've been using clean channels plus my EHX soul food to take me into gain territory.

So since cleans are awesome but the gain bums me out I have a new proposition.
I'm retiring my randal 4x12 and switching out for a v30 loaded avatar 2x12.

My favorite gain sound ever is a rockerverb, but getting one of those means selling the tweaker 40. So as a happy compromise how do you guys think a jim root DT plus the tweaker A/B into a v30 loaded avatar 2x12 would sound for pop punk.

This would give me the ability to have two clean tones, via the tweaker and a gain tone via the DT and I would finally get the rockerverb tone.

Let me know your thoughts.

I play in this band letterswv.bandcamp.com
Have you tried boosting the amps overdrive instead of using the soul food as a standalone distortion?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Yes! but when you have the amp switched to clean instead of hot it is quite difficult to get it from funk cleans to ballsy gain with just a boost.
I think this would work great for what you want to do, but I think you'd need a stereo cab or another cabinet (i'm not 100% sure here).
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
If i need two cabs it would be a huge deal breaker, im trying to cut down on back pain haha.
Wildozer, i am currently using a washburn wi-26 and an agile 3000.

So how would this set up work, split my guitar signal into both amps, always on so i dont have to switch my inputs. Then run both amps into a weber head switcher, then run that into the avatar 2x12? Then I can have both clean channels of th tweaker and whenevet i want dirt i just hit the switch for the amps?
each amp needs to always see a speaker load. So you need a stereo cab or two cabs. If you run a stereo 2x12 that means each head will only see one speaker I believe. I don't know another way around this honestly.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by ColeFleming

So how would this set up work, split my guitar signal into both amps, always on so i dont have to switch my inputs. Then run both amps into a weber head switcher, then run that into the avatar 2x12? Then I can have both clean channels of th tweaker and whenevet i want dirt i just hit the switch for the amps?

I believe this set up would work fine.

Quote by bluestratplayer
each amp needs to always see a speaker load. So you need a stereo cab or two cabs. If you run a stereo 2x12 that means each head will only see one speaker I believe. I don't know another way around this honestly.

so if you run the heads into the weber both amps with have a load.
    Godin 5th Avenue
    --
    Fender Mustang II
    VOX AD30VT
    --
    Last edited by boblittle at Jul 1, 2014,
    Quote by bluestratplayer

The weber head switcher has a dummy load to whichever head is not being used.
    as long as it has a dummy load that's one thing, still think there are a lot better options. Try boosting your tweaker. The speaker change could help too and a tube swap could help. Plenty of things could help your amp out and keep you from having to buy a second amp to A/B. And when it comes down to it, you would be better off selling the tweaker and adding it to the money you would have bought the Jim Root Orange and buying a much better amp
    Ibanez SIR27
    Pod HD500x

RIP:
    walrus Audio Descent
    You could probably get a used rockerverb if you sell the tweaker and add that to the money for the Terror and the Switcher.
    Godin 5th Avenue
    --
    Fender Mustang II
    VOX AD30VT
    --
    The 15 watt Orange amps are not loud enough for playing in a band. Unless you play in a very quiet band and because you want to play pop-punk, I don't think they would be a good choice for you.
    2002 PRS CE22
    2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
    2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
    Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
    Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
    Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
    GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
    Morley Bad Horsie 2
    MXR Smart Gate
    Or you want power amp breakup
    Ibanez SIR27
    Pod HD500x

RIP:
    walrus Audio Descent
    Quote by ColeFleming
    Yes! but when you have the amp switched to clean instead of hot it is quite difficult to get it from funk cleans to ballsy gain with just a boost.

I think you misunderstood the question. Do you boost the OD, or hot channel, not the clean?
    Gibson SG Standard
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Cort Explorer
    Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
    Squire Tele
    Krank 1980
    Orange Tiny Terror
    Traynor YCV 50 Blue
    Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan