Hey guys, I purchased the Blacsktar ID 15 TVP a couple of weeks ago. It's really a great amp, I can get some really awesome tones with it. But I use a lot of delay when I play, and i think I can get a better tone if I learn more about this effect.

My question is, can you tell me how you use it ? The amp has 4 delays. Linear, Analogue, Tape & Multi. What is the difference between them ?

Listen to this, I want to get the same effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHOLlLBoUA

Can you help me ? Thx
Last edited by _tim* at Jul 1, 2014,
You'd need controls for the delay (how long it takes a note to repeat), feedback (amount of repeats), and level (how loud the repeat is). If your amp lacks these controls, you may need a separate pedal, which would probably sound better in the fx loop, which your amp lacks. Unfortunately, I don't have the ears to tell you what type (analog, tape, digital, etc.) he's using.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 1, 2014,
i downloaded the handbook from the blackstar site (i haven't tried the amp), but it didn't help much. I'm guessing linear is a digital delay. I dunno what multi is. I'd probably try the linear one. the analogue and tape ones may well work just fine too (probably be a little warmer-sounding on the repeats).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok thanks. I can control the time, the feedback and the level of the delay. I just don't know the difference between the 4 effects.
So. I tried the 4 effects with differents settings to understand.

-To my ears, linear and tape are the same. I don't really hear a difference between them.
- the Analogue's feedback is very warm.
- The "Multi" repeats what I play 2 times. I don't know how to explain it (english isn't my 1st langage), but there is the repeat, and there is another one right after it. It's weird, maybe useful por psychedelic, i guess.
Think you need to use either the tape or analogue one. You want the repeats to fade out. Need to get it so it repeats four times although last one is barely audible. I don't know how long the delay times can get on that amp but start at 12 o'clock and adjust to taste.
There is no time control on the amp. There is one in the software when you connect the amp to a computer, but it's a "tap tempo" on the amp
Quote by _tim*
So. I tried the 4 effects with differents settings to understand.

-To my ears, linear and tape are the same. I don't really hear a difference between them.
- the Analogue's feedback is very warm.
- The "Multi" repeats what I play 2 times. I don't know how to explain it (english isn't my 1st langage), but there is the repeat, and there is another one right after it. It's weird, maybe useful por psychedelic, i guess.

yeah. i'm guessing the analogue, tape or linear would all work. as you said, tape or analogue will probably be a bit warmer.

you just need to set the feedback knob for the precise number of repeats you want (normally about 2-3 for solo delay), and then use the tap tempo to get them in time to the tempo of the song (or whichever sounds right, it doesn't necessarily have to be in time to the song for those solo delay repeats, it's often more of an echo than anything in time with the song).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok thanks. I have almost all the answers I was looking for, except for the multi delay, but it's not really important
yeah the multidelay, from what you said, sounds like it's doing multiple repeats or something like that. I suppose you could email blackstar and they might tell you exactly what it's doing. But I don't think you need it for that gary moore type tone you're after.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pretty sure "multi" means multitap. It'll delay your signal twice at different speeds so its kinda like having 2 delays on.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
that might well be it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?