I use a vk212 and a charvel so cal (Duncan distortion bridge and neck). I dig the bridge pup but the neck is just a bit too bright. I want something a little smoother that will still match up well with the Distortion (not bass heavy or extremely warm, just a bit less bright). I need something with a bit more output than a old school PAF.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 1, 2014,
What about a Jazz? Pretty common to be paired with JB or Distortion in bridge. You should also be able to resell it if you don't like it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Sounds like it'd do the trick; is there anything like it that'd have a bit more output to match with the Distortion since it's a bit hotter than the JB? And should I be looking at stuff with A5 magnets as opposed to ceramic?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Pearly Gates might do it for ya, I'm wanting to trade my neck '59 for one atm
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I honestly don't know; if I can give an idea, here is specifically what I'm looking for: something that sounds like a hot rails when matched with a Duncan Distortion. I'm going for a Dave Murray tone. So when combined with the TB-6. it should be smooth but not muddy, and with enough output to account for the fact that Duncan Distortions are hotter than Super Distortions (it's why I'm not going for a 36th anniversary from dimarzio).
A metal cover on the one you already have may do the trick too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sounds like a quick alternative; a cover will still fit even though I have a pick guard, right?
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Sounds like a quick alternative; a cover will still fit even though I have a pick guard, right?

Yes, but you need to get one with the right screw pole spacing. US and Asian are different, and there are differences between neck and bridge in some makes.

You should also ground the cover by (electrically) connecting it to the pickup back plate. I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the tone effect, but it will affect its rf-noise shielding ability.