Good evening

Im looking for a tube amp and my budget is 700 $ and I can add 80$ in my country the only tube amps that are sold here are from orange I can travel to kuwait (4 hour drive)they have vox amps or uae (10 hours drive) they have Marshall amps but they are over priced and there is a big chance that I will not like what they have there

Or I can order it from ebay and pay alot for shipping but thats ok I guess

I know I might sound like a fan boy but I really like Marshalls but Im open for other suggestions brought by u

And last question I have a friend that ordered a bass amp and when it arrived it didnt work and he needed a current converter( i think thats what its called) so he can use it will I face the same problem ?

Thanks
please ignore my username
Okay... English is not your string point

Where do you live exactly? And more importantly: What sort of sounds/tones/music do you want to play?
Quote by wildozer

Where do you live exactly? And more importantly: What sort of sounds/tones/music do you want to play?

Nor yours apparently...

Carrying on!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by wildozer

Yeah its not my first language

I live in bahrain

Music types u can say guns n roses / black sabbath / blues rock
Thomann.de ships to Bahrain for a flat €50, I'd look there to see what you might like.

The Jet City amps are generally highly regarded as excellent from a price/performance standpoint and are available there.
Charles Darwin
Maybe give Carvin a try? They ship to the UAE. I own their V3M; it's a 3-channel 50-watt tube amp. Lots of tonal variety in a compact head for $599 USD, and it comes with a built-in voltage selector that allows you to run the amp on 120V or 240V of AC power. Running on the 240V setting should work for you in Bahrain. The only problem, other than having to drive 10 hours to pick the amp up in the UAE, is that Carvin's shipping rates seem very high. For the price, I could not recommend an amp more highly than the V3M, but the shipping cost may be just too much.
^ Carvin amps are built very good, but most sound like ass, especially the V3/V3m and a tube change will not fix them.

Go for a Jet City from Thomann
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ Carvin amps are built very good, but most sound like ass, especially the V3/V3m and a tube change will not fix them.

I have three that don't sound like ass -- a Belair, an old (89?) XV112E, and a really old (71) solid state thing with a huge 2x15 cabinet with Altecs and a tweeter.

The Belair's good as is, but it can also be modified (look up "Hasserl Mods") quite inexpensively, and the Soak (gain) channel *really* comes alive.

I've skipped over the more modern stuff (V3, etc.) and moved into modelers, power amps and full range speakers, but you can get a 1500W solid state power amp for around $269, an LS1503 (800W capable full-range cab) for about the same, and a Pod XT for something around $100 used, a Pod HD for a bit more (used).

While guitar players tend to shy away from anything over 100W, you should remember that if you're playing any kind of music where you want bottom end (downtuning, etc.), a speaker reproducing a note an octave down needs to move four times the air in order to produce the same volume. The LS1503 is actually *capable* of reproducing clean fundamentals of notes lower than the low E on a six string, where most standard guitar amps aren't capable of much below 110Hz (the low E is down at 82Hz, for example).
Quote by Arby911
Thomann.de ships to Bahrain for a flat €50, I'd look there to see what you might like.

The Jet City amps are generally highly regarded as excellent from a price/performance standpoint and are available there.

Quote by Robbgnarly

Quote by Robbgnarly

alot of jet city suggestions any specific amp ?

im going to jet city web site and do my researches when i got a free time
Laneys give very Marshall-y tones on the cheap. I picked up my VH100R for $450 USD. I'd recommend the VH100, GH100 or the Ironheart if you can cough up that extra cash.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by tdiaz8492
Maybe give Carvin a try? They ship to the UAE. I own their V3M; it's a 3-channel 50-watt tube amp. Lots of tonal variety in a compact head for $599 USD, and it comes with a built-in voltage selector that allows you to run the amp on 120V or 240V of AC power. Running on the 240V setting should work for you in Bahrain. The only problem, other than having to drive 10 hours to pick the amp up in the UAE, is that Carvin's shipping rates seem very high. For the price, I could not recommend an amp more highly than the V3M, but the shipping cost may be just too much.

im going to look them up

actually the shipping company that im dealing with gave me 7 addressees (usa uk..... and uae is one of them )
I think this could be one of the few times I've agreed with dspellman, but I love several carvin amps and WOULD NOT say MOST sound like ass. A lot don't like the V3 though I believe most don't like it because they want it to be something it isn't. But the X100b that I've played quite a bit was good, the XV212 I owned was great with beautiful cleans and nice distortion, the belair and nomad series are good IMO, so yeah, I don't think most sound like ass, esp for the prices you can find a lot to of them used
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
ok im new to this tube amps but im guessing a head+cabinet is better than a combo tube amp ?

because i think a combo tube is better for me at this time
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Jul 1, 2014,
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
ok im new to this tube amps but im guessing a head+cabinet is better than a combo tube amp ?

neither is really better, they are just different.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
really you are just dealing with the speaker being separate. Its not really black and white really I don't think, esp since most cabs at this range are open cab
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by nirvana_n_roses

Not at all. There are pros and cons to either. Its a personal preference thing (unless you want an 8x12 combo for some reason) . If you'd prefer a combo, by all means get a combo.

I'm sure you can score a used Randall RM20 and a module or 2 for $700.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by wildozer

Quote by Arby911
Nor yours apparently...

Carrying on!

Welp. I ****ed that one up didn't I.....

I just got my Jet City and it will cover the genres you like to play easy. Good value and good sounds.

If I were you, I'd go for one of these
http://www.jetcityamplification.com/#!5212rc/c22bf - If you want a combo

That Jet City has a clean and overdrive channel. But a lot of them don't have a clean channel but instead have a crunch and high gain channel so you should be aware of that.
Quote by wildozer
Welp. I ****ed that one up didn't I.....

I just got my Jet City and it will cover the genres you like to play easy. Good value and good sounds.

If I were you, I'd go for one of these
http://www.jetcityamplification.com/#!5212rc/c22bf - If you want a combo

That Jet City has a clean and overdrive channel. But a lot of them don't have a clean channel but instead have a crunch and high gain channel so you should be aware of that.

Ok now im thinking about geting this or the lanny ironheart 30
Quote by Robbgnarly
neither is really better, they are just different.

Quote by bluestratplayer
really you are just dealing with the speaker being separate. Its not really black and white really I don't think, esp since most cabs at this range are open cab

Quote by lucky1978
Not at all. There are pros and cons to either. Its a personal preference thing (unless you want an 8x12 combo for some reason) . If you'd prefer a combo, by all means get a combo.

I'm sure you can score a used Randall RM20 and a module or 2 for $700.

Thanks guys I just thought by the suggestions that sometjing is better than the other

Today I went and tried the orange th30 and I hated it so now online in my only option
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
Anyone ?

From what you've posted you'll need a transformer to convert line current to 110 VAC, frequency usually isn't terribly critical for amps.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
From what you've posted you'll need a transformer to convert line current to 110 VAC, frequency usually isn't terribly critical for amps.

Oh thanks