Greetings Rockers!

I just have a quick question on what are these style pickups are in this video. Obviously single coils but there's no poles. And how much is a set that doesn't need a battery? I just love the looks/sound of them http://youtu.be/teHK0iS8-tY

1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Lace Sensors, hard to tell exactly which ones but I'd guess a blue or gold in the neck, silver in the middle, and a red in the bridge.
In the comments, he said the bridge pickup is some cheap one he found on ebay...

The pickups are not as important as the amp that is used.
My Gear:
Fender Classic 50s Strat
Gibson Les Paul Studio
1977 Marshall JMP 2104
1995 Marshall 1959SLP
Silvertone 1481
Yamaha RA-200
Quote by jakub421
In the comments, he said the bridge pickup is some cheap one he found on ebay...

The pickups are not as important as the amp that is used.

They can be. Go to your local guitar store and plug in a shite guitar and an awesome guitar into the same amp. It can be night and day.

I changed out my standard pickups in my MiM strat to some high end ones and all of a sudden my $500 guitar sounded like it was $2000.

That being said, a great amp can make a pretty 'eh' guitar sound great. I'd say they're both of equal importance when you're crossing that line from casual hobbyist's tone to a professional tone.

My advice is to go for quality even if that means putting some money in an old shoe and waiting, but that's just me.

Also, it's not just the amp and pickups. The guy seems to know a thing or three about recording guitar which can make a huge difference.

Anyway, my first impression was that those were EMGs in the video but Lace Sensor is definitely the right answer
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jul 1, 2014,
It's a Lace Sensor strat set. Probably a Red/Blue/Gold. Good news is Lace never has nor will they ever make active pickups. They should be a direct swap into your strat.

I love the Laces in my IC300. Lots of clarity and completely noiseless.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by mjones1992

They can be. Go to your local guitar store and plug in a shite guitar and an awesome guitar into the same amp. It can be night and day.

I changed out my standard pickups in my MiM strat to some high end ones and all of a sudden my $500 guitar sounded like it was $2000.

That being said, a great amp can make a pretty 'eh' guitar sound great. I'd say they're both of equal importance when you're crossing that line from casual hobbyist's tone to a professional tone.

My advice is to go for quality even if that means putting some money in an old shoe and waiting, but that's just me.

Also, it's not just the amp and pickups. The guy seems to know a thing or three about recording guitar which can make a huge difference.

Agreed. If you want to get pedantic, i suppose the amp is more important, since as you said, a mediocre guitar into a great amp will still sound pretty good whereas the reverse isn't true, but once you get past those almost academic extremes, both are pretty important. Once you have a good amp, the guitar and pickups can make a pretty big difference.

Also the guy in the vid was a pretty good player, too. That helps a lot, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?