Poll Options
View poll results: wich one?
Ibanez
5 56%
Jackson
4 44%
Voters: 9.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
Last edited by cooper1965 at Jul 1, 2014,
What's your current gear and what type(s) of music do you want to play?

Is $200 your maximum budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a computer, nice headphones, pod hd desktop.
Play mostly metal, 200.00 us max..
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
I would go with the Jackson unless you could increase your budget a little bit and go with the RG series instead of the GRX series with Ibanez.
I'd try to find something on craigslist. Shopping for a new guitar with only $200 is kinda worthless if you already happen to have a plank with a magnet and some strings or anything better. You might get a decent used guitar for $200.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
I'd try to find something on craigslist. Shopping for a new guitar with only $200 is kinda worthless if you already happen to have a plank with a magnet and some strings or anything better. You might get a decent used guitar for $200.

This. If that's your budget, go used. New guitars that cheap are almost always crap. That said, there's one guitar just above that price that I have personally played, and was quite impressed with. The Schecter C-6 Deluxe. It's their new entry-level guitar, goes for $250. We just got one in at the store I work in, and I was legitimately shocked by how good the frets feel, at that price. Factory setup was on par with the $800+ Jacksons and Fenders. And the stock pickups are pretty decent. Sounds and feels leagues better than the JS22 Jacksons we have. Doesn't look bad, either. We don't carry Ibanez, so I don't know about their low end guitars, but I've heard they're not great. If there's a Schecter dealer in your town, see if they've got one of those you can try out.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/deluxe/c-6-deluxe-2014-01-09-detail
Quote by cooper1965
I have a computer, nice headphones, pod hd desktop.
Play mostly metal, 200.00 us max..

Oh ok so it's your first guitar?

If you're ok with used MF has a used ibanez rg421 for just under $200. Might be worth considering. If you don't want to go used, that's your prerogative, but I haven't tried the two guitars you listed. They should both be fine for metal, though, I'd have thought (though at that price they're not going to be the best guitars ever, it has to be said).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the tip. Ended up pulling the trigger on a rg421qm blemished for 244.00.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Sweet Let us know what it's like when you get it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?