Question: Are the various 2 button foot switches all wired the same?

One amp I have needs a Crate CFL-2 foot switch which doesn't appear to be in stock at most stores- for a reasonable price, but I don't see any difference between that one and the 2 button one for the Peavey one for the 6505.

One button cycles the clean/distortion and the other cycles the effects. Can I just order the Peavey one and be okay?
plug it in and try it.

Most switches are wired the same way, as far as I know. The only difference is the order that the buttons are wired. For instance, maybe on the proper switch the left button changes channel, and the right controls reverb, whereas they may be opposite on another brand.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I'm thinking that if it's a 2 button switch and has the same TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) cable you should be good.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Not all 2 button footswitches are the same, but some are.
It might be possible to find the schematic/diagram of the footswitch you need, then find an identical one.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I know that there are different kinds, but I've never found one that is different. You can control a Triple Rectifier ( normally six button) with a Marshall MG footswitch, so anything is possible. You're not going to do any damage by trying
Israel is a terrorist state.
I just bought one of these for my Peavey Windsor studio (which is the same as you need) and it is not labeled so you can do that if you want. and it was very cheap and well constructed
www.amazon.com/Marshall-Footswitch-Two-Button-With/dp/B003OYOXJI/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1404302643&sr=1-2&keywords=marshall+footswitch

If it is a standard 2 button TRS switch it should work in any amp that requires that type of switch.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 2, 2014,