So I've always loved the Explorer shape, but the problem is I can't play the 24.75 scale (it cramps up my hand and I've actually had problems with my hand just from that) because it is too short, so the Fender scale is better for me. The thing is, EVERY EXPLORER SHAPED GUITAR HAS THE 24.75 SCALE SO I CANNOT PLAY IT. Does anybody know of a cheap Explorer style guitar with a 25.5 inch scale length? I'm going on one of my GAS rampages so this is really annoying but A LOT OF FUN
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
The Fernandes Vulcan isn't quite an explorer, but it is a close cousin, and is 25.5" scale:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/vulcan.html

The Fret-King Esprit line are 25" scale, and comes in a variety of configurations, like this one (Black Label ones are less expensive):
http://www.fretsguitarcentre.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p1366_Fret-King_Esprit_5_-_Trans_Amber.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 2, 2014,
Jackson Kelly
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
^ +1

not the exact same shape as an explorer but not a million miles away, either. If the destroyer is 25.5" (I don't know for sure but I trust ippon), then it's even closer if you don't mind a bolt-on neck (the cheaper kellies are bolt-on, too, fwiw).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Those would both be great for me. I love the kelly and the destroyer, and oddly enough I prefer bolt on necks. Not sure which one I will get. And there is a destroyer from the X series a few years ago with the 25.5 scale. I can't find one for cheap though, so I'll probably go for the Kelly. Has anyone ever owned/ owns an Ibanez DT 50? If so, does it have the 25.5" scale and are they any good?
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Last edited by Bones2 at Jul 2, 2014,
Radix is one of the 2 Indonesian brands I've been watching for a while- Swing being the other- because they're making guitars roughly equivalent to some of the better Korean brands.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!