I have $150 burning a whole in my pocket and thinking about getting a new or used Line 6 POD 2.0. I currently have a Vox SSC33series and my amp is G35FX. I do not have any pedals or effects except for what the amp has. I am not trying to get any particular sound but just want to change up the sound that I currently produce. Any thoughts?
Used 2.0 is worth about half that and has no USB for recording. There are a lot of multifx out there. What do you have in mind. You could start with a Zoom GXon for $50 and go up from there.
I am looking to get some different sounds out of it. Better over drive. Better delay.
Quote by gsplsngr
I have $150 burning a whole in my pocket and thinking about getting a new or used Line 6 POD 2.0. I currently have a Vox SSC33series and my amp is G35FX. I do not have any pedals or effects except for what the amp has. I am not trying to get any particular sound but just want to change up the sound that I currently produce. Any thoughts?

You should be able to buy a used Pod HD "bean" for that. Probably get the Pod XT or X3 Live (floor model) and some change back for that.
What's on your local Craigslist? Guitar Center has pretty good prices on their used stuff. Plus 30 day return. Lot of options with $150 if you are willing to buy used.
Quote by dspellman
You should be able to buy a used Pod HD "bean" for that. Probably get the Pod XT or X3 Live (floor model) and some change back for that.

Yeah

Pod XT and X3 are very decent devices once you learn to work with them. It takes more tweaking than with a real amp to get a good core tone, and the feel and responsiveness of a tube amp still won't be there... but the sound can get pretty close. The modulation and delay effects are pro quality. Great albums have been recorded through Pods.
You can get a used POD XT for $65 on ebay and they are better than the 2.0
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate