Hey guys, i was wondering what you guys think of Rob Chapman/Chapman guitars, Im a bit new to guitar, been playing for about 7 months, and thinking about guitar companies that arent well known, what do you guys think of them?
I think he's nauseating at times, cool at other times, is a great player but somewhat samey when you watch or listen to his stuff. I don't like his band at all.

Lots of people like his guitars though.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
I think he's nauseating at times, cool at other times

nauseating? what do you mean?
Quote by sanjeeb12
nauseating? what do you mean?

He's a marketer. He spends so much time trying to be chummy and funny in videos and selling things he's just... annoying. I totally agree on this front, and I've met the guy. I like him in person but on video he's kind of irritating.

That said... I've played a few of the original ML2 and ML1 runs and I do trust him when it comes to his own brand (and Lee Anderton for what it's worth, who's also a decent bloke in person) so I would be inclined to have a good amount of trust in the current Chapman guitars lineup.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by sanjeeb12
where did you meet him at

Monkeyfest. Was a really good weekend, spent just about every night just kind of hanging out with everyone who was there so I spent a decent amount of time hanging out with him.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Monkeyfest. Was a really good weekend, spent just about every night just kind of hanging out with everyone who was there so I spent a decent amount of time hanging out with him.

wasnt Guthrie Govan there?
Never played a Chapman guitar,Have heard good things though.Agree on the annoying part too,Never met him though.I do enjoy his vids,More for the Captain though.
I've also heard good things. They're made at World Music Instrument Co. in Korea, same place that makes the PRS SE line which typically have a pretty good reputation.
2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2014 Fender Strat (American Nitro Honeyburst)
2003 Ibanez Acoustic
Digitech RP500
Blackstar HT5R
Quote by sanjeeb12
wasnt Guthrie Govan there?

He was but he didn't hang out; it's a long journey from where Monkeyfest was to where he lives.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.