Any of you guys got any advice for a beginner?

Well I say beginner I've been playing 5 months I know 18 songs already and I practice 4 hours a day. Am I doing it right? I have a list of songs I have to get done by the end of summer and the last song on the list is Holy Wars by Megadeth, do you guys think I can pull it off? I'll be attempting it 9 weeks from now, I practice down picking all the time. So for example if I'm watching a youtube video or anime or something I'll be practicing at a steady tempo. Also have any of you tried out Rocksmith I've taken up the 60 day challenge on that too and I'm getting regular lessons from a guitar teacher.
I'm confused, are you just looking for a pat on the back and some cheerleading?

Here's some advice, try every amp you come across and try to develop your ear's preferences.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
maybe check out justin guitar or something like that, so that you're learning what you need to learn instead of just what you want (i.e. so there aren't any alarming gaps in your knowledge).

that's not to say you shouldn't learn what you want either, because it needs to be fun. I mean just a little bit here and there for the justinguitar (or similar) thing.

vast majority of the time i just learn what i want too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No you are doing it wrong, you should be starting your practice sessions by dousing you guitar with gasoline and setting it ablaze as you start playing. This will really help improve your playing speed because you can't touch this strings for very long, you have to keep moving. It will also help build your callouses so that you can play more without it hurting. Trust me this is how you get really good.

If the flaming fretboard sounds to advanced for you then visit my blog, I add new lessons every week
Last edited by Victorgeiger at Jul 2, 2014,
i think rocksmith is a waste of money... i didnt learn anything from it... i learned by watching song lessons on youtube much faster and better... rocksmith is just confusing with all the stupid effects and crap you see on the fretboard.
You posted this exact same thing in Guitar Techniques, just saying. Stop fishing for comments.
I think Rocksmith 2014 is good value for money well I got it on sale for about £10 not including the cable, I only use it for the lessons and the technique games. Learning songs on it is a chore.
Quote by lucky1978
I'm confused, are you just looking for a pat on the back and some cheerleading?

Here's some advice, try every amp you come across and try to develop your ear's preferences.

I'm looking for advice, so I know I'm not doing it horribly wrong.
Quote by vayne92
You posted this exact same thing in Guitar Techniques, just saying. Stop fishing for comments.

Yeah I know I did, sorry about that I just need advice and second opinions that's all.