I have a crybaby from hell, aka 535q with a cooler paint job. I'm trying to get the wah to cut through with my neck pickup. I'm having trouble with the fine tune and variable q knobs; I've worked with it but no avail. Does anyone know what these knobs do and how I can set them to get it to sound better/stick out more?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
http://static.weloveshopping.com/shop/ctmusicshop/extra/4214591.jpg

To cut through you may want to raise the gain, the mids, the highs, and the volume, so try engaging the boost on the wah to begin.
If the thing doesn't work raise the mids and then the highs on the amp, and if it still doesn't work raise the wah volume.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Hang on, does the volume knob actually do something without the boost engaged? Because I'm about to feel wicked stupid if so. Worth a shot either way.

My mids are already pretty high since I do maiden. Then I give a little mid boost with my green rhino. So mids aren't a problem. It won't sound right without the wah if I add any more.

The difference between my wah and the 535 is that I have a "fine tune" knob. I think it's basically a tone knob, I have it cranked. The Wah range is also at it' furthest counter clockwise position. From what I just read, I should have the Variable Q high, guess it controls the intensity. That may be what's doing it.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 2, 2014,