Looking into some pedals again, and the Strymon Timeline has caught my eye. Recently played a Battle of the Bands with another band, whose guitarist was playing through a Timeline AND Mobius (super jealous...), and that sparked my curiosity of it again.

Just wanted to see what everyone thought of it. Bang for the buck, sounds, tone, etc. At Long and Mcquade (Canadian GC pretty much) doesn't even have the price of it on their site; it says "call for pricing" -- its $450.

I was just wondering if its worth the pricetag. I already have a DD-6 and a HomeBrew Electronics Mimic which is just okay. Delay is my most used effect after overdrive, like most guitarists. I'm playing in a --don't cringe-- metalcore-esque band as the lead guitarist, and play counter-melodies, lead-lines, and solo parts.

I would probably keep the DD-6 as a backup, but would like to sell the Mimic.

Anyways guys, just looking for your opinions. Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Delay/looper is on my gas list again.

Have you tried the Line 6 dl4, tc flashback x4 or vox delaylab? I use to have a tc x4 and loved it but apparently there's some funkiness going on with tc switches so I've been looking into and keeping an eye out for something else. Perhaps a Timeline, but you don't see too many used Timeline's for sale, I take that as a testimony to the pedal.

If the switches will be fine, the x4 is a killer pedal though.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Delay/looper is on my gas list again.

Have you tried the Line 6 dl4, tc flashback x4 or vox delaylab? I use to have a tc x4 and loved it but apparently there's some funkiness going on with tc switches so I've been looking into and keeping an eye out for something else. Perhaps a Timeline, but you don't see too many used Timeline's for sale, I take that as a testimony to the pedal.

If the switches will be fine, the x4 is a killer pedal though.

The DL4 sounds good in theory but doesn't seem like it'll hold up to real world abuse. Flashback X4 seems good sound wise as well, seems like it'll hold up better than the DL4, but not as powerful as the Timeline, which seems to be reflected in the price. And I haven't heard anything really about the DelayLab.

I also won't be able to run the Timeline off my VoodooLabs PedalPower 2+
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
The DL4 sounds good in theory but doesn't seem like it'll hold up to real world abuse. Flashback X4 seems good sound wise as well, seems like it'll hold up better than the DL4, but not as powerful as the Timeline, which seems to be reflected in the price. And I haven't heard anything really about the DelayLab.

I also won't be able to run the Timeline off my VoodooLabs PedalPower 2+

minor the bear's guitarist uses like 4 of those DL4s...
if you watch any of their live shows he stomps on them like if hes trying to bury them
the timeline is amazing because you can pinpoint the bpm you want. much easier than guessing with a knob and tap tempos are sometimes not too accurate imo. you really cant beat it.

I've also had my eye on the Earthquaker Disaster Transport SR, but I have yet to screw with it first hand.

For the record I love the DL4 but the workmanship is really cruddy, I've never met a DL4 that didn't need the switches replaced at some point after a few years of gigging. The flashback is nice but I think it's a little vanilla.
Last edited by nouse4aname125 at Jul 3, 2014,
I have a Timeline (and a Mobius ) on my board, and it's a great pedal. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stellar delay, but dependant on what you're after, it might be overkill.

I got mine because I do a lot of atmospheric and ambient style music, which it is great for, but if you're only planning to use a digital delay here and there and them some tape delay somewhere else, it's way too much in my opinion.

It's the rather unique options it has that make it worth the money, and in my opinion, if you don't need or want those, you might as well just get a TC X4, Vox Delaylab or DL4.

I had the Memory Boy Deluxe and TC X4 combination running before I got the Timeline and the X4 was really solid. No problems with the switches whatsoever and I wasn't that gentle with it. Were it not that I absolutely wanted the Ice delay, I would've probably just kept what I had.

In the end, it sounds great, does about anything you can imagine and more and it's built incredibly well. Wether or not it's worth the money is up to how much of it you're going to use. It's a really intuitive design as well if you get the hang of it. There are a lot of options, but when you figure out how the pedal works, it's a matter of minutes to dial in exactly what you want.

The Timefactor by Eventide might be an alternative to look into, as I've heard they're more easily found second hand in Northern America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3I6euvvLFc

Strymon as far as delays....is God. Unless you wanna shell out the money for an Eventide Harmonizer.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I have been tempted by a Timeline but the cost is utterly prohibitive. My amp didnt cost that much!

I have a Line 6 M5, a TC Flashback and a Malekko Ekko 616 so i reckon im good with that lot