I currently play a crappy $200 schecter thru a peavey vypyr30.....I'm only a bedroom player and I live in the middle of nowhere, with just tiny guitar stores, that don't carry much, so I czannot go play thru gear so I'm stuck with youtube and opinions of all you good people....

so...I just won a lawsuit, so I have $1700 to spend. I have decided on the Blackstar ht5 metal head, I'm also getting a schecter Damien platinum with emg's and going to get some locking tuners installed. So now that leaves me about $400 for a cab to go along with my head. I have heard v30's are the way to go. But also heard they are mid-heavy...I prefer a bit of scooped mids.Anyway this is the Orange I have been looking at with v30's

Orange PPC112 60W 1 x 12" 16-ohm Cabinet - Orange | Sweetwater.com

I also found this randall that has Celestion G12h-100'a

Randall RD212-D Diavlo 2x12 Angled Guitar Cab | GuitarCenter

Just trying to find the ideal setup here. What do you think? Please help me make a good decision, as I will never have this kind of money to make a great purchase like this again.
A couple considerations.

The HT5 metal doesn't sound great, and it's advertised as an all tube amp but it's not.
Nobody here would recommend it for both of the above reasons, and I'm with them.

It'd be nice if you wrote what kinda stuff you're gonna play, what bands you would wanna sound like, if you're willing to buy used and where you live.

And yeah, V30s are nice for metal.
If you like less mids go for the WGS v30 clone which is more or less the same thing but it has less mids.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The HT5 metal doesn't sound great, and it's advertised as an all tube amp but it's not.
Nobody here would recommend it for both of the above reasons, and I'm with them.

+3,1415

Pretty mediocre amp for what it's supposed to be.

Quote by Spambot_2
It'd be nice if you wrote what kinda stuff you're gonna play, what bands you would wanna sound like, if you're willing to buy used and where you live.

Also agreed.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
^+1
Blackstar HT/HT metal series are not that good. how about this if you want a good cheap metal head and it is only $269 so that save you a lot of money.
www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-KRANK-REV-JR-20W-TUBE-AMP-109377098-i3385990.gc

And then you can either get a used cab or get a custom cab made by www.avatarspeakers.com
and 8you will still be under your budget you did want to spend
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 3, 2014,