Hi everyone, I'm curently working on another tribute replica.
The James Hetfield white explorer (early 80')
I usually do a lot of research when I make a guiter but for this one I've found almost no info whatsoever. It the very last guitar before James switched to ESP and EMG's and all that comercial stuff.
That is his old trusty Gibson 84 white Explorer and the pickups in there are either Seymour Duncan (custom, as those don't look like invaders at all, Invaders were put in to his white V) either Gibson stock (500T 496R). I dont' know.
Maybe there is anyone who's got an eye sharp enough to see what are those humbuckers? Thank you. see the picture below.

Hi!, the look pretty much like a standard Gibson Humbucker, not even like a SD pickup. Just check what did G-xplorer had a that time of periods, you can be safe with that info
I believe James used Seymour Duncs in his early Gibson explorer models. I'm not too exact on what models though.
Quote by FlammenMeer
Hi everyone, I'm curently working on another tribute replica.
The James Hetfield white explorer (early 80')
I usually do a lot of research when I make a guiter but for this one I've found almost no info whatsoever. It the very last guitar before James switched to ESP and EMG's and all that comercial stuff.
That is his old trusty Gibson 84 white Explorer and the pickups in there are either Seymour Duncan (custom, as those don't look like invaders at all, Invaders were put in to his white V) either Gibson stock (500T 496R). I dont' know.
Maybe there is anyone who's got an eye sharp enough to see what are those humbuckers? Thank you. see the picture below.

There is absolutely no way of telling from a picture, regardless of what you think.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate