Hey guys

I'm from Brazil and this is my first post here! Hope you can help me since brazilian forums couldn't do much for what i'm looking for. The title says it all. I was wondering if there is such pedal. It's pretty hard to find this amp in the city I live. I would have go on a little trip to find it, but I'd be glad enough if I could find an overdrive pedal that sounds similar to Bugera V22

Tks a lot!

Andre
Quote by abfaria83
I'd be glad enough if I could find an overdrive pedal that sounds similar to Bugera V22

Wait, WHAT?

BTW -- wander over to the Wampler Pedals website and listen to some of their MP3s and vids.
Don't take this the wrong way, but the pedals designed to emulate "amp in a box" distortions are usually for era-defining sounds, like a Marshall plexi in a box. Bugera isn't quite at the top of the amp world, so you'd be hard pressed to find a distortion pedal designed to sound like any bugera.

I listened to a legit demo of the V22, sounds like you just need a medium gain distortion pedal. What type of genre do you do? What's your budget? I guess current amp is important to know, even if there's not much around you that carries other stuff
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 3, 2014,
Quote by dspellman
Wait, WHAT?

BTW -- wander over to the Wampler Pedals website and listen to some of their MP3s and vids.

It would be enough for me to have an overdrive pedal that sounds like bugera v22. That's what I meant.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Don't take this the wrong way, but the pedals designed to emulate "amp in a box" distortions are usually for era-defining sounds, like a Marshall plexi in a box. Bugera isn't quite at the top of the amp world, so you'd be hard pressed to find a distortion pedal designed to sound like any bugera.

I listened to a legit demo of the V22, sounds like you just need a medium gain distortion pedal. What type of genre do you do? What's your budget? I guess current amp is important to know, even if there's not much around you that carries other stuff

I currently own a Marshall 8080, which sounds quite modern for the vintage gain distortion I want, even when the drive is at 40%. I love it, it's just not what i'm looking for at the moment.
Budget? well, I'm currently affording my entire ******* and living room. that means LOW budget, lol, but I accept any opinions since I can sell some other stuff. I play basically rock'n'roll and my amp can do it, I just love that overdrive channel in bugera v22 and wanted to sound more like that
The Wampler suggestion is a good one.

I have the Euphoria and it is excellent. Quite pricey though but probably worth it. Will definatley cover any low to med gain needs you need. Goes higher gain than you might expect too, bordering on almost fuzz tones if you dial it in right. I was getting a great Red Fang tone out of it at one point although thats not really its m/o
Quote by LivinJoke84
The Wampler suggestion is a good one.

I have the Euphoria and it is excellent. Quite pricey though but probably worth it. Will definatley cover any low to med gain needs you need. Goes higher gain than you might expect too, bordering on almost fuzz tones if you dial it in right. I was getting a great Red Fang tone out of it at one point although thats not really its m/o

Nice. I'll check them out. Interesting you mention they are pricey. In my country and currency they would cost around R$700,00. lol
Quote by abfaria83
Nice. I'll check them out. Interesting you mention they are pricey. In my country and currency they would cost around R$700,00. lol

After a quick currency conversion thats only a hair more than they are in the UK. They are £180 here.

Theres plenty of other stuff by Wampler worth looking at, its all pricey but you get what you pay for.

eBay might be a winner for this one, should be able to pick one up for 2/3rds the price
^ yeah a wampler pedal is likely to cost as much as the bugera amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LivinJoke84
After a quick currency conversion thats only a hair more than they are in the UK. They are £180 here.

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah a wampler pedal is likely to cost as much as the bugera amp

Fair enough! How about the amp? I suppose it's about £300, right? They cost around R$2000,00 over here! o.O
Last edited by abfaria83 at Jul 4, 2014,
Well if the V22 is R$2000 in Brazil thats about twice as much as they are over here! IN the UK the combo costs about £250

With that in mind, a Wampler pedal would be MUCH cheaper than the V22 for for you.

The Pinnicle is a really popular one, there are loads to choose from. Have you had a look at them all?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Well if the V22 is R$2000 in Brazil thats about twice as much as they are over here! IN the UK the combo costs about £250
With that in mind, a Wampler pedal would be MUCH cheaper than the V22 for for you.
The Pinnicle is a really popular one, there are loads to choose from. Have you had a look at them all?

Exactly! Brazil has the highest taxes in the world. it's ridiculous the amount of money we spent with gear that are considered cheap and unreliable in UK or States. But that's another talk...
I took a listen at them, and though I liked most of it, pinnacle sounded nicer to my ears. Tks for your support btw. A friend of mine said a Proco RAT would probably fit what I need as well. There are pretty good cheap clones of it. (Eno Music Rat) Maybe it's another option, what do you say?!
I havent any experience with the RAT but i THINK (and people feel free to correct me if im wrong) they are a one trick pony. That trick happens to be very good but they arent exactly versatile.

The Pinnacle will be MUCH more flexible, especially of you get the two button one. Im sure theres plenty of other stuff our there besides Wampler but they were the first things that came to mind and ive had experience with them
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Jul 4, 2014,
Quote by LivinJoke84
I havent any experience with the RAT but i THINK (and people feel free to correct me if im wrong) they are a one trick pony. That trick happens to be very good but they arent exactly versatile.

The Pinnacle will be MUCH more flexible, especially of you get the two button one. Im sure theres plenty of other stuff our there besides Wampler but they were the first things that came to mind and ive had experience with them

You're right about that. I'd say that this pedal can do just a little more than one trick because it gets fuzzier when crancked up. Drive at half gives the classic overdrive sound, but to me, lacking bottom end a little. Thats why I like wampler better. Listening to more demos of it, I find myself tendind to like it even more then bugera NOW I NEED IT!
abafria,

my suggestion might not be realistic for you but I'll say it anyways just in case.

My wife is Brazilian and I've spent quite a while down there (mostly fortaleza and rio.) Her whole family and most of her friends are musicians so I know full well how expensive pedals and amps are down there. Every time we go down, we always have a few pedals to sell on mercadolivre and make a profit. Or we bring gear for her family and friends.

Anyways a solution that is popular among them is to build their own pedals. Many web sites offer pre-made kits that are in actuality replicas of famous pedals. You just need to assemble it yourself (or find someone else to do it if you're not comfortable with a soldiering gun) You'd still need to pay conversion rates (often the websites are in the UK) and import taxes and assembly fees if you can't do it yourself... but if you were ready to drop 300R$+, it might be an option to consider...

You can probably find local websites, but when I get delivered to canada, I use this british site:
http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/

I ordered a fuzz factory clone and a ross compressor clone and they both work very well and cost 1/4 of the price
Quote by LivinJoke84

no i'd say it's the exact opposite. it's a killer pedal which works with tons of amps, and as well as a distortion tone you can get a passable fuzz and od out of it, too.

not sure it sounds like a bugera v55, though. I haven't tried the bugera but I think it's meant to sound sort of fendery. the rat sounds more marshally to my ears.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by flexiblemile
abafria, my suggestion might not be realistic for you but I'll say it anyways just in case.

Tks for your response. I wouldn’t say it’s unreal, maybe unlikely due to my lack of experience with everything involving that. But now it’s something to consider as well. Gotta get more informed about that. Tks once again!
sorry if i missed it, but what amp and guitar are you using?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
sorry if i missed it, but what amp and guitar are you using?

Currently I own a Marshall 8080, squier classic vibe 60 with ssl5 in the bridge, squier telecaster affinity with hot for tele in the bridge. Like I said, I love what I got, but I also wanted that drive and that vibe of bugera
Guys, not sure if that would be the proper place to ask that but here I go – I got an opportunity to buy a bugera v22 for a very reasonable price. It’s 220v, but that’s ok because I can use a transformer (since in my house the voltage is 110v). But what about my pedalboard? Can I use them with bugera? They are powered by a PS8 landscape, 9v, which is working at 110v, of course!
Far as i'm aware, it shouldn't affect your pedals. They're powered separately from the amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?