I'm pretty sure that when I've saved money enough to update my gear, I'd like to get a Fender Supersonic. If the cleans are anything like their reverb cleans, they should do all the cool jazz stuff I'm after, and since I'm not a fan of super-high gain metal, the burn channel should also be a good fit for my style. But the price of the thing is a bit too much, +1000 euros will probably be out of my preferred budget.

But I know that a lot of manufacturers make cheaper copies of classic amps, the Peavey Classic and Jet City stuff for example, so I wonder if anyone has made a copy of the Supersonic? The description of the gear rarely states that "this is the copy of a x amp", so it's somewhat hard to track down. I guess my budget would be around 800 euros.
not that i'm aware of

i've seen some cheaper prices on the 22 watt version, but maybe that wouldn't have the headroom you need for those cleans (plus it might not sound the same anyway, i've only tried the higher wattage one).

if it doesn't need to be a clone but you just need good cleans alongside high(ish) gain, an engl screamer or something like that might work. but if you have your heart set on the supersonic, 800 euros is maybe close enough to what it goes for that it might just make more sense to save up a little longer to get one (assuming that's a possibility).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not hellbent on the supersonic, so similar amps are good too. And I might be able to save some more, but the point of this thread was just to find out if copies exist, so if they don't, I'll just carry on with other plans
yeah. don't quote me on that, because I don't think i've seen the schematic, but I haven't come across anything which I'd have said was that similar, at least.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll second the ENGL advice. Really nice amplifiers that can handle pretty much any genre despite their metal reputation.

I don't know if you can shop used (and are willingly to do so), but the Engl Ritchie Blackmore signatures and E625 Fireballs are dirt cheap in my surroundings for what they do. Not sure about Finland though, but it's still Europe. You could easily get either head and a 212 Harley Benton cab or something alike for 800 euros with the pricing going on here.
I don't mind metal, but Ueberschalls and my current 6505+ etc. have way too much gain. But say, JCM-esque gain is plenty enough. I'll do some research on ENGLs, I don't know a whole lot about them, but I can say that I won't get a signature. But the fireball could be cool
Jcm2000 Dsl
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd love to get a JCM, but I don't currently have enough room for a stack. Since this wasn't any "new amp" thread, I didn't list any details (I know my way around amps well enough to figure out what I need myself), but I could add that currently I look for a combo, something smaller than the 6505+112. I'm not gigging at the moment at all, and I just feel that a more compact amp should be better. I really want the either a Supersonic or a Twin amp, but both are a bit too expensive at the moment. I do also consider a laney VC15, but with 15 watts and a 10 in speaker, I guess it wont have the best headroom.
Then a DSL combo? The DSL401 would probably be just your thing. However, I understand your position on deciding yourself, the Super Sonic is cool and if that is what it takes to get your sound, so be it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The DSL is actually a very realistic option, since it cost over 500 euros less than the super sonic. When I'll move into a different city because of my studies, I'll have enough room and time for even a stack (and I'll probably get a VH100R) but for the next 1-2 years I'll just need something compact for home recording. I could just walk to the local music store and compare the DSL to the SS, if the marshall can go from bluesy, jazzy cleans to medium distortion as well as the Fender, I might end up getting it.
^ yeah, I was thinking the DSL401/201

But there are no SS clones out there, the Supersonic and Prosonic are basically Fenders try at making a Mesa Mark series. If you can find a Mesa Mark clone you will get closest to that SS tone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm sure the SS has it on cleans, but the DSL401 makes a hell of a blues amp, and of course the rock sounds are tight. Obviously it is a different flavor, but I think it's definitely something to consider.
Yeah, and the local music store is about a ten minute walk away, so I can try both of them whenever I feel like it. And as far as I know, the Mesa stuff is really expensive right?
In Europe it is absurdly overpriced, you guys pay like twice what we pay for it in the States, and it isn't on the cheap end of things here.
I know, someday I'll move right next to the Proguitarshop. Just kidding, but maybe I should scout the used market, could get lucky.
Used Mesa prices are getting better here. Not US-level, but half the new price is a pretty common rate here. I've seen some go lower as well. The vintage ones like the F-series goes crazy cheap for what they can do and how well they sound.

Do you intend to gig with it later on, or not? If not, why not get a Blues Junior or something alike and a good drive pedal?
The blues junior and a pedal is another good combination of course, and I might gig with it, but I don't plan to. The blues jr was actually the first thing that popped into my mind when I started looking for new gear, and I still consider it. The SS is still the amp that I'd like to buy most, but if my economy doesn't allow it, both the DSL and the Blues Jr are of course good options. And I plan on getting a better amp in a few years anyway, so it doesn't have to be a long time investment.
The Supersonic is a modern amp that was never terribly popular... I doubt anyone bothered to clone it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Actually, the one you mentioned in your OP - The Peavey Classic 50. Very nice cleans and a controllable overdrive channel.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification