(Hey, absolute newb to playing with a band here)

I was about to buy a Fender Vaporizer, because I absolutely love the way it sounds with a strat. However, now that I've searched the forum for small gig advice, I've found all this confusing info about stuff like mixers and PA's - and now I've got no idea whether this amp is going to be compatible with all this.
I'm on a very tight budget (poor east-euro here), so I can't afford making a mistake of buying something that for example, would only work in a studio, but wouldn't have the right outputs for the PA, or cabinets. (My budget is around <$500)

TL;DR So my question is: will this Fender Vaporizer work for small gigs, as well as studio recording?

Thanks in advance!
Yes it will work for small gigs, but it will more than likely need mic'ed up ...in regards to it working with a PA system, basically all you have to do is stick a microphone in front of it. I would maybe look into Jet City Amps. I'm pretty sure they have a 20watt tube amp in your price range that might be more suitable for gigging.
^ yeah jet cities are killer value if you can buy from thomann

a lot of the models are high gain, though, which i'm guessing isn't what he wants- the single channel 20 watt head and combo are lower gain, and the 50 watt 2x12 combo is as well (don't quote me on that, I've only tried the 50 watt head which is very definitely high gain).

if he knows he loves the sound of the vaporiser, though, i dunno if the jet city will necessarily do that tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?