Not sure if this is the right place to post this but....I am new to playing the guitar and I listen to bands like All That Remains, As I lay dying, killswitch engage...etc trying to find the right amp or a amp that will work decent for getting thier sounds and any other things i might need like pedals or anything...also Im not made of money lol just throwin that out thier for pricings.
Define "not made of money" more specifically. The exact restrictions of your budget will change the answers massively.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Just save for a used 6505+ 112 and then retube it ASAP and buy a new speaker later.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
yeah we need to know an exact (or at least, within a range) budget

if you're new to guitar your idea of a sensible budget is probably a bit different from ours
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Peavey 6505+ 112 is the cheapest way to go about nailing this tone. They can be had around $350 used, which is a very good deal for the tone you get.

You'll also need an OD and an EQ pedal. You'll probably want a noise gate.

My recommendations (ideal & budget):
OD: Way Huge Green Rhino ($70 used) / Digitech Bad Monkey ($30 used)
EQ: MXR 10 Band ($80 used) / Danelectro Fish & Chips ($30 new)
NG: Boss NS-2 ($50 used)

As mentioned, throw a WGS Veteran 30 speaker in there (about $80) and the tone will improve even more.

For your signal chain, set it up like this:
Guitar -> OD -> Amp
Amp Send -> EQ -> NS -> Amp Return

You'll need 4 cables (10'-20') and 1 patch cable (about 6")

Set the OD with the level all the way up and the gain all the way down, then mess with it from there.

Alternatively, look at the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. They can be had for around $250 used. All you need to go with it is a Sanpera foot controller ($60-120 used depending on model), and you'll be set. The 6505 will perform better at higher volumes, and will give more satisfying results at high volumes. But it just depends on how much you want to spend, and if you're an amp + pedals kind of guy or if you like the simplicity of modeling tech.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 3, 2014,
+1 Vypyr Tube
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
yah sorry ok my budget is 300 or less for a amp... and all that other stuff I would have to get one by one also....thanks Uncle Sam for the great paycheck
Quote by OddFormula
yah sorry ok my budget is 300 or less for a amp... and all that other stuff I would have to get one by one also....thanks Uncle Sam for the great paycheck

Yeah it sucks don't it

For new it will be really hard to beat this amp
www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/peavey-vypyr-vip-2-40w-1x12-guitar-modeling-combo-amp

These if you don't mind used
This is a great deal at $79 and will do what you need starting out www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Used-Peavey-Vypyr-30-1X12-30W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-110257978-i3815497.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks, I really like that vip 3.. and its within my budget....all i gotta do now is by the wife something pretty and sneak it in hahaha