Hi there!
I'm thinking on upgrading my floor gear.
I currently have a Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 and some pedals in front such as a compressor, and a booster, and chorus, delay and reverb in the loop.
I am the lead singer and i've always been a fx pedalboard addicted.
I tried a few weeks the analog world, but... Too much tap dancing for a lead singer...
So I'm thinking on changing again for a Tc Helicon Voicelive 3.
It has singer tools, and, i think, very good tools to add more fun to my mesa, and, a must have... something with memories and presets.
What do you think about this conjuction? Mesa Boogie + Voicelive 3 (probably in the amps loop)
Any help appreciated.
Have to be shure before buying this 700€ toy;
Tanks in advance!
Vocals will sound bad through a guitar amp. The VoiceLive has dedicated outputs for guitar and vocals. Preferably, you'll plug the guitar-out into your Mesa and the vocal-out to a PA or a FRFR monitor.
The Voicelive 3 shouldn't be thought of as a guitar tool. What's on there is for the guy who's a solo act or in a duo and who doesn't want to carry extra stuff around.

VoiceLive 3 is primarily a vocal tool. We have a couple of their earlier models, and they're primarily used for the backup vocals; makes for HUGE harmony.

Ideal for a lead singer/guitarist would be an HD500 for the guitar and a Voicelive 3 for vocals, and feeding the whole mess into PA-type speakers and a good wedge monitor. Leave the Mesa and the pedalboard at home.
I was not thinking on plugging everything info my Mesa...
Guitar out to amp and vocals straight to mixer and pa.
All i want to know is if this is a good all in one tool to reach good quality in both worlds.
Quote by nunocasais
I was not thinking on plugging everything info my Mesa...
Guitar out to amp and vocals straight to mixer and pa.
All i want to know is if this is a good all in one tool to reach good quality in both worlds.

Once again, this is an outstanding voice tool primarily and a guitar tool very secondarily. Depending on what kind of music you're playing, it could be pretty inadequate for the guitar half of the equation. One of the main reasons for plugging the guitar into it at all is to tell the VoiceLive what notes you're playing so that it can produce vocal harmonies that work off your playing. There are smaller versions of VoiceLive that are specifically for key or guitar players, but even these are primarily for vocals.

The guitar FX on the VoiceLive are there primarily for singles or duos who want to carry a minimum of gear to a gig, and want to have a bit of reverb/delay, etc. to make their guitars sound bigger.