I write electronic music, and I'd like to sample a guitar for this track:

https://soundcloud.com/cause_in_effect/vsp-extrospection-june-2014

I don't have the ability to record an electric guitar on my own, so I was hoping somebody here could. I'll credit you under whatever moniker you want, and link to your facebook/UG profile/Soundcloud/whatever you have. The riffs I'd like recorded are the intro/verse riff, which is this:

|--------|--------|--------|--------| 
|--------|----8---|----5---|----1---| 
|----9---|--9-----|--5-----|--2-----| 
|--9-----|7-------|5-------|3-------| 
|7-------|0-------|3-------|0-------| 
|0-------|--------|--------|--------|

If you could just record 4 repeats of this riff, that'd be enough for me to sample for the whole song, as that's the longest it's used in any situation.

The other part I need recorded is a chorus part. The progression of the chorus is this:

|7-------|4-------|4-------|--------|
|5-------|2-------|--------|--------|
|3-------|0-------|5-------|--------|
|--------|--------|3-------|--------|

You can feel free to play this part however you want; just strum the chords, plays some arpeggios, finger-pick, write your own part following the progression, whatever. If you have multiple ideas, or multiple users submit recordings, I could probably make use of a few. For this part, I need 6 repeats of whatever you submit.

The track is at 110 BPM. There's no need to use effects for this, I'd rather be able to take care of the effects myself. I just need a nice, bassy clean electric guitar tone. I've enabled the track on Soundcloud for download, so you can use that to record if needed. Thanks in advance to anybody who submits a recording.
I dont know why, but everytime I see threads like this, I smile.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
I dont know why, but everytime I see threads like this, I smile.

Probably because an electronic musician finds him/herself needing wood&strings.
Any time you can submit something to me is great; I'm always reworking my tracks. And I would actually prefer to have multiple samples to work from, so I can try to incorporate as many recordings as you guys can provide.

Quote by captainsnazz
that's quite a nice track by itsen, why ruin it with wood&strings?
Thank you, but it's not really up to my standards. I think it has potential to be a much more interesting track, and I think some real guitars would really help support the mock-guitar synth I have in the track currently.

Quote by slipknot5678
Probably because an electronic musician finds him/herself needing wood&strings.
A lot of the artists I'm influenced by use analog instruments along with their synths. One of my favorite examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZRmjjNajJo
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 4, 2014,
I could just plug the notes into shreddageX, add studio drummer, maybe some piano, throw in some chiptune arps. Basically what I do for everysong. Why do you need someone to record this?
I'd like to use a real guitar, and I've never worked with actual instruments, and would like to learn to.
man we used to C4C like 3 years ago herby.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by herby190
Three years ago? Then I'm assuming I was in Tabs and Chords back then?

oh yeah
i don't know why i feel so dry
Just started recording and I have most of it done. I'm working on some other ideas (that weren't in your instructions to see if you like them >_> and then I'll send you them. Then you can tell me if that's the tone you were going for. In any case I'll probably re-record everything anyway so I can prove that my wood&strings sound exceptional.
Quote by Eastwinn
oh yeah
I miss Guitar Pro. xD I sometimes still use it to get the velocities and timings for pull-offs and grace notes and stuff.

Quote by slipknot5678
Just started recording and I have most of it done. I'm working on some other ideas (that weren't in your instructions to see if you like them >_> and then I'll send you them. Then you can tell me if that's the tone you were going for. In any case I'll probably re-record everything anyway so I can prove that my wood&strings sound exceptional.
I'll consider anything you record. Are they additional layers, or are they for the other sections of the song?
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 4, 2014,
Quote by herby190

I'll consider anything you record. Are they additional layers, or are they for the other sections of the song?

Both.

I sent you a message on soundcloud. I'm going to need your email to send you the tracks/ideas. Souncloud or PM on here will work fine.