Hi guys,

i was wondering if theree was a portable guitar fret board that i can use to put in the car and take with me. This would only be to practice scales etc on and doesnt need to make a sound.

I have seen the travel guitars which are similar but have a detachable frame, but are quite expensive as they normally can be plugged in.

im just basically looking for something small as i will probably use it in my work car which is only a single cab and i have no room to place even a half sized normal guitar.

cheers all!
That will probably do! Probably could use a few more frets but looks good!

Thanks mate, your a legend!
Don't bother. Those things are useless as a practice tool. Unless you can practice on something that requires you to synchronise both hands there's really no point since that's the hard part of most of what guitarists do.

Further: what's the point of practising on something that doesn't make sound? That's the whole point of what we do; making sound, unless you're playing on something that makes sounds how are you going to know if what you're doing is at all worth it?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^+1 (unless ts is using one hand to drive and one hand to practice scales...then it makes sense).

Why not just use a cheap guitar? Does your guitar have a bolt on neck? (Lol). A practice prop may seem like a good idea but who would ever use it more than once?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I drive around the work sometimes during the day and get say 10 minutes free every now and again or a lunch break when im on the road so its just something to practice scales etc on.

The car is actually a ute and i wouldnt put a guitar in the back and there is seriously no room in the front for even a small guitar with my work equipment but just a straight neck withought a body i could slidei n somewhere.

ah well worth a try, the shredneck is a start....
The shredneck is an overpriced piece of garbage and you will gain nothing from buying one.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by jjjkay
I drive around the work sometimes during the day and get say 10 minutes free every now and again or a lunch break when im on the road so its just something to practice scales etc on.

The car is actually a ute and i wouldnt put a guitar in the back and there is seriously no room in the front for even a small guitar with my work equipment but just a straight neck withought a body i could slidei n somewhere.

ah well worth a try, the shredneck is a start....

So just buy a super cheap guitar.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Might even be able to strike up a friendship with your local repair tech/luthier...I'm sure they have their fair share of crappy and/or busted necks laying around the shop that could be jury-rigged to do pretty much the same thing for next to nothing.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
It is not the problem that you are not able to practice guitar for whatever reasons.
It is those stupid ass no sound practice tool doesn't work.
Do you feel like I do!?
Heh.

Takes me back to when I was learning guitar in the 1980s. Made my own out of cardboard "laminated" with Sellotape (other sticky-backed plastic is available...).

Was convenient 'cause I wrote the natural note names for standard tuning on it \m/
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Last edited by EMarkM at Jul 4, 2014,