Page 1 of 2
Hey guys... I've been having some strange stuff happen to me recently and thought I'd make a post here as I would like to talk about it with some people.

I recently had sleep paralysis for the first time and witnessed some kind of ominous dark shadow figure at the end of my bed. It just stood there watching me, and even though it was hard to make out exactly what it was, I could feel and sense with all of my being that it had nothing but evil intentions. it was the most terrifying experience of my life. All I wanted to do was get up and scream to get it away from me, but I couldn't say a word and I had no control over my muscles. My breathing was very shallow and tight. I was completely paralysed. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, it seemed so real, but I was very confused and startled.
I'm a rationalist and a very skeptical person with no previous interest in paranormal activity, but after doing some research it seemed like there was a possibility that this entity is real. So many other people from all over the world report seeing the same thing and have had very similar experiences.

So I decided to set up my video camera and leave it running whilst I slept. I really didn't expect to find anything. It was more for peace of mind as I was still very shaken up by the experience and was finding it difficult to get to sleep with the fear of having this experience again. After scanning through the footage it seemed like there was nothing out of the ordinary, but I decided to have a look at the audio signal. I noticed a little raise in the audio graph a few hours into the filming so I looked at that part of the video. My heart stopped when I observed what seemed to be some kind of ghost or entity evaporate above my bed.

I have watched the footage over and over trying to figure out some logical explanation for what could have caused the image of what seems to be a ghost, but I haven't been able to come up with a solution. I am really starting to believe that I captured the entity I saw during my paralysis on video. This terrifies me so much that I can no longer sleep in my room. I have slept in my friends room since it has happened as sleeping alone is just too scary for me to deal with right now.

Here is the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRm-S6GZ_e8
I believe you caught a shadow, congrats.

Edit: I admit that I would be freaked if I recorded that too though.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at Jul 3, 2014,
Quote by Rootsy22
Hey guys... I've been having some strange stuff happen to me recently and thought I'd make a post here

A ghost post.

Quote by Shadowenspirit
I believe you caught a shadow, congrats.

Edit: I admit that I would be freaked if I recorded that too though.

That's what I initially thought, but there is only a wall on the other side of the room, no windows. I think only way a shadow could appear the way it did is if something was on the opposite side of the room, but there is nothing there.
I don't see anything :/ can you tell me specifically where i'm supposed to be looking?
That was pretty hardcore. One time I was playing Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath on guitar (or was learning it, very early stages of learning guitar) and I never even got past the intro and the power went out in my house and I noped my way out of that house pretty quick

Quote by dcia64
I don't see anything :/ can you tell me specifically where i'm supposed to be looking?

Look on the wall where his headboard is, you see kind of a human figure that seems rather stiff move.
if I were you I would get the **** out of there cause thats some spooky ass shit mother****er
**** ghosts that shits spooky as ****
¯\_()_/¯
I had sleep paralysis a couple of years ago, but no shaow figure. Just really tired and feel asleep flat on my back with my arms in my side. Happened only once.

But you caught something there. I would get someone in the same room with you and watch as you sleep. Weird, I know, but is a good way to see if they feel or see that same mist too.
Call me unlucky but I've had sleep paralysis 5-7 times and I'm 17. I don't get too fussed about it, but then again I've never bothered to open my eyes and have visual hallucinations.
West Ham United
It's nothing supernatural. Your brain is just between REM and consciousness during sleep paralysis. Don't panic, don't make it supernatural.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Did you hear a noise when the audio signal spiked? Or just random interference?

Sorry, have no speakers at work
Quote by King Donkey
Call me unlucky but I've had sleep paralysis 5-7 times and I'm 17. I don't get too fussed about it, but then again I've never bothered to open my eyes and have visual hallucinations.

I experienced it for the second time this morning. Saw a lady come out of my closet and I tried to scream but nothing came out

it was pretty ****ed up
banned
I had to watch that video really closely to see the shadow but there is definitely a shadow there. That on its own is strange.

But last week my best friend told me that he just had a sleep paralysis attack and the way he described it was exactly identical to you. Coincidental.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I watched the video twice and saw nothing that made me think ghost.

Maybe I'm blind, either way stop sleeping with the lights on, get some blinds or curtains for the window, shadows look weird when you're in sleep paralysis/fever dream/on psychedelic drugs, though I've never done psy drugs.
Quote by stratkat
I watched the video twice and saw nothing that made me think ghost.

Maybe I'm blind, either way stop sleeping with the lights on, get some blinds or curtains for the window, shadows look weird when you're in sleep paralysis/fever dream/on psychedelic drugs, though I've never done psy drugs.

There is a shadow at 0:30-0:40 if you didn't see it... But yeah, doesn't really mean anything, is just strange.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
There is a shadow at 0:30-0:40 if you didn't see it... But yeah, doesn't really mean anything, is just strange.

Hehe, I saw it now, still don't think anything of it.
you weren't dreaming, and you weren't awake. you were in a superposition of being in both.

and that's a fucking shadow, not a ghost. here's what you do. TURN THE LIGHT OFF. shadows die in the dark. also, look in your room for anything that could be moving during the night. then fucking take it out of your fucking room. that's the end of that. also, shut your blinds, it could be a shadow of something from the outside.

it's most likely a car driving past. the headlights would illuminate the street, and cast many shadows around the area due to streetlights and hedges, etc. the spike in sound was a car driving past.

EDIT: this is VERY important. do you or do you not have a mirror in your room? as in, a giant-ass mirror that can reflect shadows off of, say, i dunno... THE WINDOW THAT IS CLEARLY OPEN AND VISIBLE IN THE VIEW OF YOUR CAMERA?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jul 4, 2014,
Quote by laid-to-waste
EDIT: this is VERY important. do you or do you not have a mirror in your room? as in, a giant-ass mirror that can reflect shadows off of, say, i dunno... THE WINDOW THAT IS CLEARLY OPEN AND VISIBLE IN THE VIEW OF YOUR CAMERA.

This
TS, the only way to exorcise a ghost of this type is to furiously masturbate for 48 hours without interruption.
And that's no interruption of the masturbation OR the fury.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
This one time, I woke up and realized I had sleep paralysis but that was a long time back and I wasn't even aware of such a thing.

I distinctly remember someone walking around my room and heard the latch of my cupboard open. I thought it was my mom and didn't pay attention to it but then later, I asked her and she told me that she was sleeping the entire time and didn't even come into my room.

Creepy.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
You don't sound like a very rational or skeptical guy to me, TS. You know why so many people who get sleep paralysis see this ghost? Because it's (in a manner of speaking) dreaming.
When you're half-awake like that, your brain is still in a sort of dream mode. It tries to apply meaning and shape to anything it sees. So a slight shadow in your room which would clearly be nothing when awake becomes a shadowy menacing figure. It's the same principle that means our brains find faces in lots of things, but booted into overdrive.

Whilst I've never had proper sleep paralysis, I quite often half-wake and think I'm seeing people in the room - then my mind boots up and I see I was just interpreting a shadow or a coat on a hook in a different way.

The point is: if you're experiencing sleep paralysis, don't you think it's probably pretty likely you're just half-dreaming? The fact you find it threatening or scary and that you keep seeing it is probably a symptom of the fact you are getting into these ghost theories, not a result of it. You're thinking it's a horrible ghost, so you keep finding things that look like that.
Quote by MadClownDisease
You don't sound like a very rational or skeptical guy to me, TS. You know why so many people who get sleep paralysis see this ghost? Because it's (in a manner of speaking) dreaming.
When you're half-awake like that, your brain is still in a sort of dream mode. It tries to apply meaning and shape to anything it sees. So a slight shadow in your room which would clearly be nothing when awake becomes a shadowy menacing figure. It's the same principle that means our brains find faces in lots of things, but booted into overdrive.

Whilst I've never had proper sleep paralysis, I quite often half-wake and think I'm seeing people in the room - then my mind boots up and I see I was just interpreting a shadow or a coat on a hook in a different way.

The point is: if you're experiencing sleep paralysis, don't you think it's probably pretty likely you're just half-dreaming? The fact you find it threatening or scary and that you keep seeing it is probably a symptom of the fact you are getting into these ghost theories, not a result of it. You're thinking it's a horrible ghost, so you keep finding things that look like that.

yeah, exactly. also, it's a known characteristic of sleep paralysis to have hallucinations or exaggerations of sound and vision. people have hallucinated seeing their grandmother sitting on their bedside, and also being delusional and thinking she's actually there.

seeing a ghost isn't exactly a hallucination, because you did see a shadow. but thinking it's a ghost or a presence is a misguided thought, almost a delusion.

the idea of a ghost comes from sensing a presence in the room that isn't a human body that you can see. people have their primitive 'fear of someone in the shadows' feeling triggered, and remember that ghosts could be a possibility, because you've heard about them in TV shows and films etc.

it's a medical characteristic of sleep paralysis to sense a presence in the room. your mind tries to make sense of this quickly because we're not comfortable with unknowns as humans - IT MUST BE A GHOST. it's the only explanation. no. the shadow moving over your bed doesn't have a brain. it's an absence of light. senseless, unconscious photons surround a shape. that's all it is. but humans are still far from rational, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by captainsnazz
i feel like this could be some sort of marketing scheme for paranormal activity 26 or whatever we're on now

Paranormal 26 - Choose Your Own Adventure Edition.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by laid-to-waste
but humans are still far from rational, it doesn't matter how smart you are.

Yeah TS, I should probably apologise as well if I sounded like I was calling you stupid or gullible. I know from experience how convincing these kind of experiences can be.

I remember once dreaming that I'd woken up and there was a woman kneeling on my chest, stabbing me repeatedly. I had seen light at the end of my room, thought that must mean she'd come in a door at the end of my room, and was now killing me. My chest felt paralysed as my breath caught, and I could feel wet blood on my chest. I assumed I couldn't breathe as I was dying.

Turns out, dreaming of a presence kneeling on your chest and killing you is actually not that unusual. Again, it's a fairly common in sleep paralysis and night terrors. People used to think it was a witch or demon.
Nevertheless, I know how compelling and vivid the experience was. I know rationally it was just typical sleep paralysis and just came about due to not coming out of unconsciousness properly, but I still sometimes think... "but really?"

The point is, I am sure you may truly have felt like there was a presence in the room, and it may feel very compelling, but don't get too caught up actually thinking it was a ghost. It wasn't.
It's not a ghost, it's nothing. Ghosts don't exist and that slight squiggly shadow is most likely just a digital artefact.

You probably dreamed something similar.

Sorry, I don't believe it's anything supernatural.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Turn your volume right up.

At around 0:36 you can hear a car starting.

Coincidence?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
looks like the ghost of shit bedrooms to me.

I think it looks like a deformed dinosaur.
"Everyone should embrace their inner old-man."

"Steven Seagal is to Shakespeare as mozzarella sticks are to side orders"

Pissing off people since 2012
TS, read about the "old hag". You'll sleep better after.

I've had sleep paralysis few times. I remember hearing loud white noise and my body felt really heavy, couldn't move. I didn't open my eyes until it was over, cus **** visual hallucinations.
Page 1 of 2