Hi everyone
It's good to be back ^_^

I am an amateur singer/guitarist. Music has always been my hobby since I was 7.
I jam with my friends and write and make my own songs. I was into metal a lot but my liking and taste for acoustic and melody has grown in vastly in the recent years. I recorded a few covers with my cell phone but the quaity seems to be- #meh and very bad
I don't have any idea what equipments are required to record songs in good quality.
What can i get within $150? I don't need any professional gear. I have a Yamaha acoustic and my brother plays the keyboard.
I will be buying from New Jersey
Quote by Ippon

This. And while you're there, read all the stickies that answer your question.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
This is a loaded question. The answers could vary by leaps and bounds.

I would suggest a decent computer with at least 6 Gigs Rams, you will also want a good size HD for storage, maybe even a 1 TB external HD as extra storage.

You will need an interface. I like Focusrite, but there are many options.

You will need software such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Cakewalk, or perhaps you may want to start with a free download such as Audacity to get your feet wet.

You will most likely want a Microphone also, but it's not necessary right away.

This should be enough to get you up and running, but once you start your needs seem to grow!

I guess this just comes down to the individual and how far they want to take it.
Last edited by spiralcity at Jul 6, 2014,
Smartphone, a decent compatible mic, and Garageband app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogKvZr5Gw-k
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I record my songs with GarageBand for iPad with the standard iPad mic. The only instrument that I really record is the acoustic guitar, as all other instruments are virtual and you could just record your acoustic via a virtual electric amp within the app.