How many threads does this make for you this week?

As for your question, I make my own with mogami cable
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Yes a better quality cable will help reduce noise and interference. That said, I use some cheap $1-$2 patch cables and I have absolutely no issues chaining 5 pedals with them either.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
As far as I know, gold tip doesn't really affect sound. Gold tips are better against corrosion and such. What you want are well built cables.

As for good cables, look for stuff like Mogami, George L's
Some meh ones are stuff like Monster, livewire.

Depending on cable length and the amount of pedals, you could live with cheap cables without many problems
Last edited by stephan.jimenez at Jul 4, 2014,
i don't think the gold thing matters at all

decent cable and good quality jacks (as with pretty much all cables) are the thing
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i use cables from planet wave and another for unknown company

for me there is no different
please ignore my username
Just solder your own...

I happen to use Planet Waves...

Doesnt matter, dont even bother investing in Evidence audio or more expensive brands...

God knows how many of these similar threads I have answered....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
The cable makes a lot more difference than the connector.

Getchyaself some switchcraft 228 copies and a hella good cable of the length you prefer, then put the thing together with copper and iron and you've got there a hella good quality cable.

You can substitute the 228 copies with original 228s or whatever connectors you happen to need and/or like at the moment, I just mentioned those because they're my favorite jack connectors.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I use them Fender ones, black cables with white at either end. Seem fine to me, i have 9 pedals in my chain.

They are a lot thicker than some other patch cables though,more like an instrument cable, not sure if that makes a difference
Patch cables and instrument cables are the same thing.

Well they should be at least.

Not "instrument cable" nor "patch cable" means anything actually, though they are used to describe shielded cables with TS 1/4" jacks at both ends, with the difference being the length and sometimes the angle of the connectors at the ends.

May each and everyone of your listeners have mercy on you if you're using unshielded cables to connect your pedals to each other
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah i know that, but ive seen a lot of patch cables where the cable part is signifiantly thinner than the type of cable you see going from guitar to pedals/amp. Im just saying the 6" cables connecting my pedals are of the same thickness as my 10 foot cable going from guitar to my first pedal, not the thinner variety. If that even makes a difference
Quote by LivinJoke84
Yeah i know that, but ive seen a lot of patch cables where the cable part is signifiantly thinner than the type of cable you see going from guitar to pedals/amp. Im just saying the 6" cables connecting my pedals are of the same thickness as my 10 foot cable going from guitar to my first pedal, not the thinner variety. If that even makes a difference

The thinner ones likely have a smaller core.
both 22 awg and 24 awg are common sizes.
I prefer using 22 awg myself as I can just buy bulk cable and use it for both instrument > pedal; pedal > amp and patch cables.
I also prefer Mogami (22 awg, I forget the cable part number).
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 9, 2014,