Page 1 of 4

Complaining about flopping in soccer is like complaining about burgers at burger king.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
lol

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Everyone in soccer flops, the whole sport is a joke

a joke that the whole world finds funny
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I've learned that for some reason it's "not okay" to complain about flopping in soccer and will typically get rolled eyes from Europeans.

It's like everyone passively supports this incredibly shameful act. Are Europeans just OKAY with it at this point? What kind of grown-ass adult can allow themselves to flop?

Who could possibly support it?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by soundgarden1986
The world has a pretty shit sense of humor then

Yeah, its all the other countries that are wrong
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Dreadnought
I've learned that for some reason it's "not okay" to complain about flopping in soccer and will typically get rolled eyes from Europeans.

It's like everyone passively supports this incredibly shameful act. Are Europeans just OKAY with it at this point? What kind of grown-ass adult can allow themselves to flop?

+1

Apparently you can't call a dive a dive on the off chance that someone is actually legitimately injured.
Quote by Dreadnought

Give them full body armour like real football. No flopping that real man's sport.

Hold on, they dont have enough armour. Ice Hockey it is.

well ****.
Last edited by sam b at Jul 4, 2014,
Quote by sam b
Give them full body armour like real football. No flopping that real man's sport.

Missing the point must be your national pasttime

"See! Other sports have floppers too!"

Way to continue to passively support shameful sportsmanship
Quote by Dreadnought
Missing the point must be your national pasttime

"See! Other sports have floppers too!"

Way to continue to passively support shameful sportsmanship

Ahhhhh, so you can complain about soccerball but not other sports? I get ya
Quote by sam b
Ahhhhh, so you can complain about soccerball but not other sports? I get ya

You should be a politician

Here is specimen B of my case study:

Quote by willT08
lol if diving genuinely annoys you
Last edited by Dreadnought at Jul 4, 2014,
Quote by Dreadnought
You should be a politician

I am.

Keep crying about something that happens in pretty much all contact sport though. Cry loud enough and something nothing will happen
omg guys did you know people that play sport are real people and do silly things to win?

it is SHAMEFUL
Quote by willT08
omg guys did you know people that play sport are real people and do silly things to win?

it is SHAMEFUL

What kind of grown-ass adult can allow themselves to flop?

See post #12 for details.
you should be commending those guys for flopping

they are willing to look like jackasses to help their team win

that is a real winning attitude

put the team before yourself, not an idea you Americans would be too familiar with
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by sam b
I am.

Keep crying about something that happens in pretty much all contact sport though. Cry loud enough and something nothing will happen

Here's the difference between us two, pay careful attention to the words that I say:

It absolutely happens in other sports. It's shameful and disgusting when those players do it as well.

However, for the sake of practicality, we typically focus on soccer ("football" for nations-who-haven't-landed-on-the-moon), because the phenomenon is grossly more statistically significant, easier to identify, and thoroughly rampant.

Of course, some players, teams, and nations are more known for it (rightfully so) than others -- that is the benefit of specificity in further arguments. However, to deny the unsportmanship of flopping/diving and/or point at other sports, in which the phenomenon does indeed happen but not nearly to the same degree, is a blatant act of passive and sometimes active support of the act.
Quote by Dreadnought

It absolutely happens in other sports. It's shameful and disgusting when those players do it as well.

too much
yanks be mad

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Wow you guys are like making my point for me. I don't even HAVE to be smarter, better, stronger, and handsomer than you, it just helps
okay, no, barely anyone likes diving in football but we roll our eyes because we hear it all the time from you lot and it gets boring.

^ That diving is bad and supporters of it should feel bad?

All your robot fart music must have melted your brain, boiiiii
I thought it was clear from my very first post here I was taking the piss/on the wind up

Instead I got a load of #shook replies and a wall of text.

:|

I chose the right person to quote in that first reply.
Last edited by sam b at Jul 4, 2014,
Quote by Trowzaa
okay, no, barely anyone likes diving in football but we roll our eyes because we hear it all the time from you lot and it gets boring.

yeh m8 i hear the europeean coloreds complaining about american racism all the time and i'm like "lol get over it ya ****"
Quote by Dreadnought
yeh m8 i hear the europeean coloreds complaining about american racism all the time and i'm like "lol get over it ya ****"

you just compared racism to diving

^ I don't understand what you said, please put it in regional colloquialisms for me
****in' seppos.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Brazil have got no spine.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 4