I am deciding between a Gibson sg or a Kurt Cobain mustang both are the same price where I'm going and I love both. What should I do?
You should tell us more about the particular guitars, why you like them, and what you're planning to play with them.

And with what rig.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You should tell us more about the particular guitars, why you like them, and what you're planning to play with them.

And with what rig.

Well I'm fairly new to guitar and this purchase will be my first really good guitar. I like the mustang because of the short scale and thinner neck and the sound but the Gibson sg looks a bit nicer and has a better sound (in my opinion) as well but the neck is a bit thicker which I don't like as much.
You can change the sound of your guitar with relative ease via pickup changes, pedals, and most importantly your amp and how it is EQed, but it is much more difficult to change the physical dimensions and ergonomics of a guitar.

So I would look at the Mustang more than the SG...but I would also look to see if there were OTHER similar guitars with different pickups.

Some suggestions can be found here:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/other-guitars-other-instruments/326522-24-scale-guitar-recommendation.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 5, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You can change the sound of your guitar with relative ease via pickup changes, pedals, and most importantly your amp and how it is EQed, but it is much more difficult to change the physical dimensions and ergonomics of a guitar.

+3,1415

If the Mustang feels comfortable to play, if it "feels right" in your hands, go for it. That's the most important thing.
As Danny said, you can always fine tune the guitar's sound to your liking with hardware.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112