This is for a friend of mine. He is ridiculously loyal to Ibanez and I know nothing about them. So it must be an Ibanez, and he prefers it to be new.

Budget? $400 - $800

Favorite Artists? - Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains, Ozzy, Lenny Kravitz, Metallica, Van Halen, GnR, he plays a lot of different genres actually.

Preferences? Double cut body, maple neck (not a deal breaker), not white in color, tremolo (but not a Floyd)

Pickups? Passive, humbuckers

New or Used? New

Location? Iowa, USA

Current Gear? Ibanez electric from the mid-1980's and a small Line 6 amp. He is in the market for a better amp too, but he's much more focused on the guitar for now. We visited a GC yesterday and he actually played a Fender Strat and a Schecter and liked both, but I don't think he could bring himself to buy a non-Ibanez guitar. Which is too bad, as those other brands might be perfect for him.
Last edited by Mr.Koozie at Jul 5, 2014,
there aren't actually that many ibanezes which don't have a floyd but which still have a trem. the sa series and the rg440 or 460 are about the only ones I can see (at least on the UK site, there might be some other US models), excepting maybe some signature models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
id go with a different brand if you don't want a floyd. check out PRS SE models, ESP, and take another look at fender for sure. find the right one and you'll keep it forever. IMO
I agree. I'm trying my hardest to get him to consider other brands. I don't know if he's going to find what he is looking for in an Ibanez.
There's the Ibanez Darkstone? ( I think that's the name) everything he wants minus a trem
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Your friend probably wants something with an Ibanez ZR tremolo. The S420 is a pretty common Ibanez that comes with that tremolo. The S570 comes to mind also and can be had for as little as $400 brand new on eBay but it has a single coil mid pickup.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1 Gravity Storm(neck)/X2N(bridge) Drop Db
Ibanez S421 Air Norton(neck)/Super Distortion(bridge) Drop D
7th Heaven->ML-2->Dr. Boogie->Zoom G3->GE-7->NS-2->Mute
Line 6 Spider II HD150+foot pedal
Some 4x12 cab

^ A zr is basically a glorified floyd with ball bearing pivots instead of knife edges (as far as i'm aware, anyway). If he doesn't want a floyd I doubt he wants a ZR either, though I could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?