I don't know why but there's something about the general MIDI 2 soundfont that I love, I like to see it as a nice limitation in the same way some people use MS Paint for it's limitations, forcing you to get creative with it in unorthodox ways.

Anyone else do this sort of thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjh56xUP2U
I sometimes write music that sounds intentionally horrible, but that's about it.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by captainsnazz
yeah loads of people on here write rim

not even that, lo-fi rim

how does that make u feel snazz
Quote by mishax92
Got any examples?

Not at the moment, no.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
thats because u suck

expand yr horizons bud "proper" production is tyranny its all about the sounds bud
Not sure whether it counts as 'writing' since 90% of every song is just a straight up cover, but I do this intentionally stupid thing with a band I called 'Creator' which came from a joke with my friend about the band "Kreator" having a K instead of a C, and that 'Creator' sounded like the name for a Christian Metal band.

Anywhoo, I just take a Metal song I like and change the lyrics to be overly Christian themed and overly preachy just for personal lols. I'm actually in no way religious.
I guess it's writing if I do write lyrics, though I still think of them as just covers.

I still get a cheap laugh every time somebody on youtube takes it as a seriously religious thing and starts praising me for spreading the word, though I guess it's nice that some people genuinely find meaning in my otherwise stupidly blasphemous joke.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Last edited by link no1 at Jul 5, 2014,
yeah i like playing with the generic midi because it reminds me of goldeneye n64 and such. i also find the limitations to be entertaining. what do you compose in?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Thrashtastic15
thats because u suck

expand yr horizons bud "proper" production is tyranny its all about the sounds bud

tell em thrash tell em!!!
banned
I had friends who would write stupid songs , but it always just ended up pissing me off. When you're the only one trying to actually do some work, it sucks.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by deadsmileyface
tell em thrash tell em!!!

i also listen to folk music.

holy shit man i think will just had a stroke
Quote by Thrashtastic15

babylon
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
babylon

could you, without looking it up, locate babylon on a map?
Quote by Eastwinn

not exactly, no

I know the general area tho

if the map had names of countries on it then yes
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jul 5, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
not exactly, no

okay, just asking.

ya know just checking
the bottom of the video says

_ jafsh_di_ mdjasn f_ tnz jadt_

the _'s aren't things
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Eastwinn

i dont know exactly where phils lives :-)
Quote by Eastwinn

that doesn't even matter man

babylon is like this ancient place inside all of us. of love wisdom and beauty. it doesnt matter if u cant locate it its there
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
thats because u suck

i do not share your view of production and repudiate the existence of proper production

but folk is wank anyway bang #rekt
Quote by Wiegenlied

babylon is like this ancient place inside all of us. of love wisdom and beauty. it doesnt matter if u cant locate it its there

dem man nah know about babylon
Can't say that I do. I've never really enjoyed the mixture of humor and music.
Check out my band Disturbed
yeah, if im feeling like writing and end up with something stupid sounding ill keep going with it

makes for lels
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I often make pop punk parody songs. It's just too damn easy.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
No but I've thought doing a parody of all the stuff I wrote/thought sounded good when I was fourteen and releasing it under the alternate name 'Megasuck'. I would still want it to be enjoyable music though (taking the best aspects of that music, making it sound good, and combining it with obvious parody), not blatant shit.
Quote by StewieSwan
Can't say that I do. I've never really enjoyed the mixture of humor and music.

Same.

It's just...it doesn't do anything for me. Yeah, everyone else thought Jack Black's humor stuff was great. But I hated it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Same.

It's just...it doesn't do anything for me. Yeah, everyone else thought Jack Black's humor stuff was great. But I hated it.

tbf you don't realy like humor by itself to begin with
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Same.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE