Poll: do you avoid sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate?
Poll Options
View poll results: do you avoid sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate?
yes
6 23%
no
9 35%
i am cosmetically illiterate
11 42%
i don't use soap
0 0%
Voters: 26.
and sodium laureth sulfate.

do you avoid these chemicals in your cosmetics or not?

i have very sensitive skin so i tend to avoid these when they're the second or third ingredient.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at Jul 5, 2014,
i wish you went back to your goddam drugs or whatever it is you're quitting

I don't know how many more crap threads I can stand
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by TheTee56

I wish you went back to posting solely in the persona of a banana
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
i like licking it
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by TheTee56

lol but do u even bathe?
From wikipedia
Biocide

SDS represent a potentially effective topical microbicide, which can also inhibit and possibly prevent infection by various enveloped and non-enveloped viruses such as the Herpes simplex viruses, HIV, and the Semliki Forest Virus.[12][13]
Shark repellent

Evidence suggests that surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulfate can act as a shark repellent at concentrations on the order of 100 parts per million. However, this does not meet the desired "cloud" deterrence level of 0.1 parts per million.[14][15]
Pesticide

Some species of flies, ants, and moths are attracted to sodium lauryl sulfate, even in small amounts, and are then killed by it. It is the main active ingredient in most store-bought fruit fly killers.[citation needed] Fruit flies are more commonly attracted to it, however, if the chemical is in a sweet-smelling soap or detergent.

Idk what it is but it has some useful sounding side effects.
Quote by stratkat
From wikipedia

Idk what it is but it has some useful sounding side effects.

shark repellant

it's an incredibly strong, cheap soap that's in lots of stuff but many people find it to be too strong and leaves their skin/hair dry and irritated.
Nah I don't put shark repellant on my face unless I'm doing some shady business with shark minorities
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Eastwinn
and sodium laureth sulfate.

do you avoid these chemicals in your cosmetics or not?

i have very sensitive skin so i tend to avoid these when they're the second or third ingredient.

I kind of always had this mental image of the average Pit poster in my head, and this confirmed it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I kind of always had this mental image of the average Pit poster in my head, and this confirmed it.

you imagine the average pit poster has sensitive skin? that's pretty specific.
Quote by azrael667
so you avoid soap?

you picked poll option two by mistake, you should have picked the third one.
Quote by Eastwinn
you picked poll option two by mistake, you should have picked the third one.

Uh huh. And you're chemically illiterate.
Find a quality, all-natural body wash and shampoo that smells as nice as Dove for men, and I'll switch. Til then, I'll deal with it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
they're both in pretty much everything lol.

unless you want us to go to some middle class friendly organic store and only buy products made from pure kiwi fruit or something

cause I have a huge one near me and they overcharge for cosmetics. rather the sulfates and their non-apparent effects.

edit: and most of those 'sensitive' products that are legit lacking in sulfates are super weak and don't feel like they clean you at all.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by azrael667
Uh huh. And you're chemically illiterate.

how so?

theguitarist: baking soda is soooo middle class
**** knows. I buy my shower gels and stuff based on what the supermarket has on a 2 for 1 or something.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I don't consciously avoid it because I don't think my skin has a problem with it, but I just checked and there's none in the face soap I'm using now. I just use whatever works for me. And I need SDS in my shampoo/conditioner because I use silicone-based products after.

Honestly the only thing I've ever had a problem with is coconut oil. Everyone keeps going on about it as if it's some magical thing they just discovered and how it cures everything so I decided to try it as a makeup remover. BAD IDEA, I've had to put hydrocortisone on my left eyelid 3x a day for the past 4 months just because of that.

I probably sound like a coconut oil hipster or something but this whole thing is so damn annoying because my mom used to force me to put it in my hair every night before bed...that part actually works, but it was $1.50 back then and now it's hard to find anything that isn't organic and under $10.
cat
I don't have sensitive skin so I use those products.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~