So yesterday I finally decided I needed a new acoustic. I wanted an acoustic electric for studio use and also for an upcoming audition I'm going to. I talked the wife into going with me because I needed to make sure she was ok with this purchase But I stepped into Sam Ash's acoustic room and tried $200 Washburns, $550 Breedloves, and even a $1600 Taylor (I love Taylor acoustics but that's another story) and only until I had tried almost every guitar in the room, put away in the corner was this little gem. It didn't sound all that great unplugged because well...its an Ovation, it doesn't have the clearest most open sound of all time unplugged But I plugged it into a Marshall ASR50 I think and I said "This is it".

It was probably one of the cheaper instruments in the room however this was the only one that could give me the satisfaction that I wanted. I wanted something with a low action, sounded great and looked great! I got all 3 for a grand total of 280 bucks. It was used of course and it has a few things up with it, like for example the nut is chipped on one side, but its nothing a new one can't fix and it STILL doesn't affect playability. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Here's pictures:

Finally I recorded a cover this morning of Def Leppard's 2 Steps Behind to show case its tones. Here's how it was recorded:

2 Acoustic Tracks, both double tracked for a total of 4 Acoustic guitar tracks.
4 Acoustic Bass tracks which was actually my Kramer Bass through the same acoustic guitar preset on the Line 6 Pod
4 vocal tracks. recorded 2 at a time in stereo. 2 Lead, 2 harmony.

Each one of them done in one take. No post processing except for a compressor on the guitar solo. All effects are from the Line 6 Pod HD Pro X.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-trujillo-5/2-steps-behind

Enjoy!!
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Last edited by RBM01991 at Jul 5, 2014,
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice find ! I love the quilting on that maple top. Ovations have a very distinct sound to them. I love it. I have 3 O's and an Adamas(or 2). they get just as much lap time as my Taylors and Martin do.
nice work on the recording.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Thank you fellas I appreciate it, I haven't touched my electric in 2 days
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Excellent find, and outstanding price! I've always loved the Ovations myself, despite the cheap shots they often are the target of. I have a couple of cheapy acoustics now, and recently picked up a used electric to get back into playing. But if I ever get another acoustic, an Ovation is near the very top of my short list of candidates.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp