Hi,

I have recently purchased a Jackson RR5 with seymour duncans.
When I palm mute I tend to really dig into the strings which I know is not ideal technique. I never had problems with this but with this new guitar whenever I palm mute, the heavy E- String (.56 tuned down 2 steps) touches the bridge pickup creating a short squeeling sound every stroke. I do have another jackson V, but I don't have this problem because it has pickup covers. I Also have a PRS with the same strings and the same tuning, but the bridge is positioned closer to the pickup, making it harder for the string to make contact with the bridge pickup..

Does anybody have any fixes?
I don't think adjusting the pickup height will help that much as I would have to lower them too far which will change my tone.

Maybe I could use the pickup covers from my other Jackson?

Thanks in advance.
Your two options are changing your technique and lowering the pickup. If you're digging in that much, you shouldn't have any output issues from lowering. Passives shouldn't be that close to the strings anyway, because they start to mess with the vibrations.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Your two options are changing your technique and lowering the pickup. If you're digging in that much, you shouldn't have any output issues from lowering. Passives shouldn't be that close to the strings anyway, because they start to mess with the vibrations.

This .... I think duncans open up when you move them away from the strings
Quote by DarkStep_9150

When I palm mute I tend to really dig into the strings which I know is not ideal technique.

The fix is obvious. Lower the pickup, stop "digging in" or get some bottom-end strings that need more tension to produce that tuning.