New to this forum. I have a 1967 Fender Twin Reverb. Original except for 1 pot replaced, pilot light replaced and just put in two new Jensen 50 watt speakers. Had it since 1971 or so. Originally used it as a PA in a small lounge act, then left guitar players in other bands I was in use it. Then it sat for about 25 years. Had it bench tested and it looks and sounds great. My question is where or how would anyone suggest I sell it. No sense having it just sit around collecting dust. I've tried craigslist but the true value of this amp isn't really appreciated in my locale, and I'm a little leery about ebay and shipping. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Maybe sell it on consignment in a local shop you trust? It might take a while, though (and you'd need to see how much of a cut they'd take, at 10% it's worth it versus Ebay, at 20% or more maybe not so much).

I should add, I have no experience with vintage kit, I just sold one of my amps (non-vintage, non-valuable- a marshall valvestate) on consignment through a local shop and it was a pretty handy way to do it if you're in no rush. I only paid ~10% commission, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 5, 2014,
On consignment AND advertise in CL for the fastest sale. This way you don't have to be around to demonstrate it and the store keeps 10% for their troubles. It also drives a bunch of new customers to their store. A win-win. I have sold a handful of guitars and amps this way and it's pretty painless.

If it's in really good condition you should be able to get 2-3k for it.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ good call
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cajundaddy
On consignment AND advertise in CL for the fastest sale. This way you don't have to be around to demonstrate it and the store keeps 10% for their troubles. It also drives a bunch of new customers to their store. A win-win. I have sold a handful of guitars and amps this way and it's pretty painless.

If it's in really good condition you should be able to get 2-3k for it.

2-3 thousand is a bit optimistic. I'd say more likely around 1500.

When I sold my TR I used Pakmail and ebay. It was surprisingly easy.
Quote by iwannabesedated
2-3 thousand is a bit optimistic. I'd say more likely around 1500.

When I sold my TR I used Pakmail and ebay. It was surprisingly easy.

Yeah just a guess based on this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Vintage-VINT-1967-FENDER-TWIN-REVERB-107607160-i2400589.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CIW1lt-or78CFdFafgodB0UAww&kwid=productads-plaid^43607282084-sku^107607160@ADL1V@ADL4GC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^27124303722

Original Blackface Twins in excellent condition will sell for higher than Silverface. 1967 is the changeover period for most of them.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Sure Silverfaces are less. I sold mine for $550. I wouldn't expect to get 5 times that even for a Blackface. I'd ask 2000, but expect no more than 1500 or so.