Hey guys I'm upgrading from a VOX AC4TV to either a VOX AC30C2 or a Vox AC15HW1. Both are about the same price used (900 - 1100 near me) and I'm looking to buy one because I love a hendrix/page/greenwood/townsend tone.

Anyways my drummer is really loud, like a keith moon bonham kind of style guy, and we plan on playing originals in the style of classic rock, alternative rock, hard rock .etc... so not necessarily much clean tone, more focus on dirtier, gain, overdrive and stuff. I have a few pedals, like a octavio, fuzzface and wah-wah. Getting a phaser soon too.

Anyways my question is, without micing, will this amp be loud enough for bars/clubs/house parties? AC30s are obviously the way to go but there so heavy and im probably not going to be playing to crowds of more than 100 people so it's almost overkill. And the hand-wired version sounds much better than the typical VOX AC15, so I assume it would sound a bit better than a VOX AC30, just not much louder.

I have several options to get an AC30, but only recently came across a Vox AC15HW1 for $1000 to 1100 and it might not be for sale in a few days so I'd appreciate some feedback. thanks guys
I'd go AC30, just because it sounds like an AC30

THe AC15 is nice, but IMO works best in band situations that are not extremely loud. If you added an extra 1x12 cab to it you might get by.

If you mic your amp through the PA, then the AC15 will have no issues at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Maybe he's big-boned?

Sorry
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No my drummer is awesome his style is great im just worried my guitar wont be loud enough because ive read lots of stuff online about needing a bigger amp if your drummers loud. i think he sounds best loud so i just want to match that properly
I was making a (terrible, as usual) joke about the fact you said he was heavy (i.e. fat).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It will be ok unless you want pristine cleans.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Anyone know anything about this amp?

http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/v125.html

I found one about an hour from my house and the guy wants $1250 for the head and cabinet. Not sure if that's a good deal or not but it's in good condition and sounds pretty good- only saw 1 little demo on youtube for it (that wasn't very good) but it's a 1981 stack and I think it could be a hidden diamond in the rough.

Just wondering what a fair price for this is- compared to buying an AC15HW for $1100 or a VOXAC30C2 for $980
I'll bet he would like to get $1250 for it. Pretty damn awful to my ears and they don't take pedals well. Keep looking... A Peavey Classic 30 is your dream amp at around $350 used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iy_Mmz7wTA
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 5, 2014,
They were Vox's attempt to do the Marshall thing. There's a reason they never caught on.
'Twer I you, I'd get the AC30.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100