I'm sure there will be a thread for this somewhere but I can't seem to find one...

Looking for a new guitar, must have just one humbucker, preferably just one volume pot as well but this isn't too much of a worry, I'm sure there are companies out there making them but I can't find much, something along the lines of a Kramer beretta or jackson jrs-2.

Anyone got any suggestions I am open to anything, cheap or expensive whatever.

Awesome

Will
There's the Tom Delonge Strat. I've seen some Les Paul Jr's that are single humbucker.

Can I ask why you want a single humbucker guitar? Even if it's got a neck pickup, you can just not use it. I wouldn't want to limit my options.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 5, 2014,
Something from Kramer? http://www.kramerguitars.com/Products/The-84/The-84.aspx

I do like the Cantrell Rampage if you want to pull up with the trem.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
It's a good question, but I have honestly never used a neck pickup. I just like the simplicity of just one pickup and a volume pot.
A lot of those 80s-style superstrats are like that- charvel, kramer, bc rich etc. Obviously the dearer/higher-end they are, the better they are.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 on the Charvel Model 2. $500+ in good condition and a great example of when one pup's better than two.

Or for something cheap and crazy, a DST-3.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
ESP M-I i think it is.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
They were more common in the 80s. They aren't really that common any more, though there are some newer ones. For example BC Rich Gunslinger Retro, ESP LTD George Lynch signature, Jackson RR24, ESP Alexi Laiho signature...

But as I said, in the 80s they were pretty common so maybe look at used 80s guitars. I would guess almost every manufacturer that made superstrats had a single humbucker model.

You could also mod your guitar. Buy a Fender Strat or Ibanez RG or whatever that has a pickguard and buy a replacement pickguard with just one hole for the pickup.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jul 6, 2014,
I used to have a Kramer 100ST. Forgot the year, '84 or '87 or something like that.

Great guitar. Had a wonderful Floyd Rose II that I really enjoyed. Probably shouldn't have sold it, but I barely ever played it and I had too many guitars at the particular time. Eh.

But check eBay and what not.

This is a pic. Note that the second knob was added aftermarket, before I bought it. It's stock a 1 pickup 1 volume knob guitar.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 6, 2014,
Carvin has done it as an option 50 on any guitar they make. They will also do custom controls one volume pot has been done a few times or the Neil zaza signature only has a volume pot.
Quote by Ippon

ippon - you gotta stop posting from that sight. i have bought three guitars from there and now have been on the site probably six times. every other reference i spend a grand. i gotta stop
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Between me and Ippon, you're DOOMED!

What did he get you to buy?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 7, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Between me and Ippon, you're DOOMED!

What did he get you to buy?

several things probably.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
look for a fender celtic showmaster if you can find one. mine was made in 2004ish. really nice guitars. hardtail and single bucker single volume knob. really nice guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
look for a fender celtic showmaster if you can find one. mine was made in 2004ish. really nice guitars. hardtail and single bucker single volume knob. really nice guitar.

theres one for sale in the UK if you live here TS
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Good call! I remember that GC closed out that model, along with the Celtic Tele and Esquire GT for ~$250 a while ago. I had the Silver Strat and the Blue and Red Esquire GT Teles.

Stock pics:

Quote by Ippon
Good call! I remember that GC closed out that model, along with the Celtic Tele and Esquire GT for ~$250 a while ago. I had the Silver Strat and the Blue and Red Esquire GT Teles.

Stock pics:

thats exactly it. i paid $200 for mine new. it was my third guitar. i love it, but as of a few years ago it has needed fret work and i am cheap and probably bought another guitar. i will do it someday, but i like having another pickup for leads.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!

I'd rock it just to see the funny looks!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Ippon
Arby, I have one with a Motor City Afwayu. Played it at a Bat Mitzvah.

Nice!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^^^ Lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd use it, but I might put another hole in her face for a neck pickup. They really should have made the headstock a pink bow.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay