does anyone think steve vai's tone was better for the solo than ralph maccio's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z071pmsu-ZU

steve vai's tone is much more suited for this solo and sounds better as well except for the fact he's purposely playing bad at the end. Machio's tone is appropriate for blues , country or blues rock but not for neoclassical shredding. Wish i could found a clip of this song with steve's tone.

im pretty sure vai played both versions, can't imagine ry cooder shredding like that.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Jul 5, 2014,
tbf both of their playing was p not good

like yngwie could of played way faster
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Of course Steve's tone was better.

It's because he was playing through an early Spider amp.
Quote by theogonia777
tbf both of their playing was p not good

like yngwie could of played way faster

Hah lol no m8 u r wrong it's all about MAB

speed Kills
superman is killing himself tonight
I want the last 2:30 of my life back.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Stupid ****ing video for stupid ****ing greasy people.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Vai played both parts of the Paganini so it was all Steve Vai. Macchio's Tele just had less gain so "better tone" is completely subjective.

[Steve Vai played both sides of the guitar duel, while acting as Jack Butler, the devil's guitarist. Ry Cooder recorded the slide parts and produced the soundtrack.]
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 5, 2014,
Quote by Cajundaddy
Vai played both parts of the Paganini so it was all Steve Vai. Macchio's Tele just had less gain so "better tone" is completely subjective.

[Steve Vai played both sides of the guitar duel, while acting as Jack Butler, the devil's guitarist. Ry Cooder recorded the slide parts and produced the soundtrack.]

also water is wet
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.