So below is a wiring diagram of how my guitar is wired up right now. I want the neck to be an 89 and the tone to be a push/pull for the 89, that simple. I have been doing alot of research and i believe everything stays the same except there is a DPDT switch on your tone pot. I just dont know what goes where on the Pot. Any wiring experts who can edit it for me on microsoft paint? thanks!

http://i62.tinypic.com/nz1v0n.png
Last edited by Nolifebutguitar at Jul 6, 2014,
This help?

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/zakkwyldefan79/EMG/EMG81TW89Explained.png

That shows it wired to a volume pot. To wire it to a tone pot, the white wire from the switch goes to the the middle lug of the pot and the tone cap goes on the outer lug, same as it is now. The other outer lug is left unconnected, or could be connected to the middle lug.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jul 6, 2014,
Quote by Invader Jim
This help?

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/zakkwyldefan79/EMG/EMG81TW89Explained.png

That shows it wired to a volume pot. To wire it to a tone pot, the white wire from the switch goes to the the middle lug of the pot and the tone cap goes on the outer lug, same as it is now. The other outer lug is left unconnected, or could be connected to the middle lug.

Im going to open up the diagram in paint tomorow an give the emg 89/pushpull an edit inside the diagram. if you can let me know if its right i would very much apreciate that.
If you take a look at how the guitar is wired now, the white/bare wire goes to the 3-way switch but the push/pull diagram requires that wire to be connected to the DPDT on the tone leaving the 3-way without that wire. Whats confusing me is how to go around that. Ill give it a shot in microsoft paint tomorrow
Quote by Invader Jim
Derp. The white wire on the dpdt goes to the switch. My bad.

Thanks for your consistancy. I soldered the DPDT like the photo you showed an I took the wire to the 3 way. Before i give it a shot (wouldnt want to mess anything up) i was wondering if any wires from the DPDT go to the tone lugs? Looking at the way my guitar is soldered from the diagram i posted I think that after the hot output goes to the 3 way from the DPDT, from 3 way it then goes to volume then tone so no need to solder to any tone lugs from the DPDT
Since you have a master tone, it just needs to go across the signal path. You can solder it to the "input side" of the volume pot (where the pup selector is wired) or to the "output side" of the volume pot (where the jack is wired). The former will have the tone before the volume and the latter will have it after. Having it before the volume is what people call "50s wiring" and is supposed to sound better but I, personally, have never tested it so for all i know there is no difference, or it is negligible.
Quote by Invader Jim
Since you have a master tone, it just needs to go across the signal path. You can solder it to the "input side" of the volume pot (where the pup selector is wired) or to the "output side" of the volume pot (where the jack is wired). The former will have the tone before the volume and the latter will have it after. Having it before the volume is what people call "50s wiring" and is supposed to sound better but I, personally, have never tested it so for all i know there is no difference, or it is negligible.

Woe man you know your stuff well. I wired it all up and everything works perfect thanks i appreciate your help and taking your time to inform me how to do this! The 89 split purrrrrs. Crisp pickup.