i know a lot of musicians are struggling to make money, what usually comes first or easier, money or fame for a guitarist in a band?

if you're making 100,000 a year from music, how famous would you be? enough to be stopped by people everyday on the streets?

or if you're somewhat recognized by musician fans are you likely to be well off as far as money?
Last edited by musicandthewave at Jul 6, 2014,
Quote by musicandthewave
i know a lot of musicians are struggling to make money, what usually comes first or easier, money or fame for a guitarist in a band?

if you're making 100,000 a year from music, are you likely to be somewhat famous?

or if you're somewhat recognized by musician fans are you likely to be well off as far as money?

I'd imagine fame comes far before money, you need to get yourself known before someone will come to your gig.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
In hAmerica, ju gotta make da money first. Then when ju get da money, ju get da power. Then when ju get da power, then ju get da women.
Neither, you will never make that much money as a guitarist give up your dreams and buy a drum machine
The two build hand in hand, the more you sell, the more famous you are.

The only way to be famous and broke is if you signed a bad deal. Unless you're famous on the internet, they you're probably broke just because.
If that's all you care about as a musician, you've got to adjust those intentions, son.
personal satisfaction >>>
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fame and fortune are overrated.

Guys like Tommy Tedesco flew under the radar for most of his career while playing guitar on hundreds of albums and dozens of films and TV series. To those outside the biz he was pretty unknown. He could walk down to the corner diner and grab a sandwich like just any other guy, and then put the finishing touches on another platinum album as a member of the LA Wrecking Crew that evening. A pretty good gig if you got the chops.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Fame and money are "one in the same" in the music industry.

Katy Perry just reached the record for the largest twitter following ever. She's one of the highest paid acts in existence.

Madonna grossed $125 mil last year. The largest personal income of any musician.

So yes, music is an industry.

Playing guitar on stage with that woman and people like her is the most money you'll ever make as a guitarist. It's the ultimate gig for any session/studio/touring instrumentalist.

Yeah, you can make decent money as a session guitarist or a teacher.

Actually, let's throw decent into quotations and say that:

A "decent" amount of money is renting a shitty apartment and affording guitar strings and electricity.

Anywhoo, I agree with the aforementioned statements. Playing geetar because geetar is geetar is why you should play geetar
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
^^
Fair points, but you could be better off in some instances. Like a string change monthly instead of yearly.

Really though, plenty of places to go with music, just takes the cliche amount of hard work.