So I'm picking up a 2003 Epiphone dot and I really want to change the pickups. It'll be my main jazz guitar but obviously also it'll be really versatile as it's a guitar for session work. I'm just thinking putting in whatever stock buckers that Gibson puts in, as I don't want anything too specific to any sound. Is anyone aware of where I can get pickups like that and where from?

I'm not sure how much pickups are going for, so if you can just find something that's of good value. Cheers.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
You should really let us know what kind of sounds you would be chasing with the guitar. I would say a set from bgpickups.com since they are custom made and about the price of any Seymour or Dimarzio, but if you want to go Seymour, I would say a '59 set. I can't stress enough how much I would go toward bgpickups.com

Edit: saw immediately after posting your stuff says you are from Australia, that will influence any suggestions we have. Bgpickups will probably be out unless you talk to him and see how bad shipping will be. So either see if any Aussie builders are putting out Pups like that (I would consult Cathbard on that matter), or go Seymour Duncan '59 set. If you want a hotter bridge pup maybe look at pearly gates. I pearly gates neck is nice too, but yeah something with those base tones (meaning '59 bride/neck, '59neck/pearly gates bridge, or pearly gates neck/pearly gates + bridge) depending on how hot you want.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Jul 6, 2014,
Ahh yeah, putting the pearly gates in the bridge would be a good idea with the 59 in the neck! I'll be using the middle position quite a bit for a slightly overdriven tone, predominately clean. The neck will also be used for clean but will have a lot of emphasis with punk and modern and 80s rock/garage. Neck would work quite well with the 59 actually, the whole funk/jazz sort of thing for sure!
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.