Hey everyone.

I didn't know where to put this so I just put it here since is more of a writing problem.

So here’s the deal:
I don’t have a quiet place to practice, free of external noises, where I can get loud if I want.

I’m a guitarist, singer-songwriter, I’ve been playing guitar for 6 years now and ALWAYS had this annoying problem.
Now it’s bigger cause I live in a small apartment with 3 more people and it’s almost impossible to be alone. Plus: I share a room.

I have all you need to practice quietly : good headphones, a desktop recording device (lexicon alpha) and I’ve just ordered a RockCrusher Power Attenuator. But I feel like I’m always incredibly aware of what’s going on outside my room, always concerned if someone is going to enter the room - especially when I have a songwriting moment (where, of course, I try to sing as quiet as I can).

I feel like this is a much bigger problem than I thought because it’s CONSTANTLY DISTRACTING. I wasn’t aware till now, but noises or someone arriving home or some door slamming or something, can really steal all the momentum when writing something.

Living in a big city (Paris) doesn’t help I guess. I’m really thinking of changing somewhere I can get peace and quiet, where I’m allowed to make noise, where I have time to practice and where I can get a job (if someone has an idea here -country, city, village, place or whatever- please tell me!), although I have no ideia how I could do that. I freak out just by thinking of it - as well as I freak out when I really want to sing my heart out and just can’t.

This is growing more and more frustrating everyday because I feel I’m being blocked and delayed.

I don’t really have a question here, this more a relief than anything, but maybe someone could help me, we never know.

Thanks